Dream Snacking

tayusuki
tayusuki Posts: 194 Member
Just thought I'd share something strange but cool happening to me!!

My biggest weakness in terms of sinful foods might be cupcakes. I refrain well, but when I cave they are generally my go to.

I've been very good for the most part and am careful not to make binging a habit. (I did go out on a date day before yesterday and planned to eat out). However this doesn't mean I don't miss the foods.

Twice in the last week I've dreamt about eating cupcakes! My dreams are lucid though, so I get the taste and texture. It's very enjoyable. When I wake up I remember my non-existent snacking -- which also means the calories are non-existent! I don't feel like I wanna jump out of bed and get cupcakes either. I feel more like I got a treat and don't have to account for it.

Sorry if it's weird! I usually have nightmares so it's nice my subconscious is giving me sweets instead. ^^

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I need to learn how to dream about food instead of sex all the time!

Seriously wanting some mac & cheese, if I could have a dream version I wouldn't have to pay the migraine price!
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    I can make your cupcake dream real! Want a recipe?
  • tayusuki
    @CRZYFTM what is this sorcery!? I'd LOVE one!
  • EryOaker
    What flavor would you like?
  • tcunbeliever
    I want one in german chocolate!
  • tayusuki
    Wow there's options?! Classic vanilla!! German chocolate does sound tasty too.
  • Rainqueen77
    Rainqueen77 Posts: 116 Member
    I had a dream I had a couple boxes of donuts and I was taking them away to give to someone else. I was all like "let's just get these out of here" in my dream.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    I dreamt about donuts the other night..LOTS of donuts and the next day driving to work I swore I could smell donuts in my car :) Luckily I haven't given in , but I do love donuts!!
  • EryOaker
    I'll work on making the recipes tomorrow!
    German chocolate may be a challenge!
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    I've had a few dreams of this sort...but without any of the satisfaction and LOTS of guilt. Usually I am eating some sort of carb filled junk food in my dream, and then suddenly I think, "Wait! I'm not supposed to be eating this! Noooooooo!!!!" :#:#:#
  • tayusuki
    @CRZYFTM you're a saint!! ;u;
  • tayusuki
    I've had a few dreams of this sort...but without any of the satisfaction and LOTS of guilt. Usually I am eating some sort of carb filled junk food in my dream, and then suddenly I think, "Wait! I'm not supposed to be eating this! Noooooooo!!!!" :#:#:#

I'm often aware I'm dreaming so it's okay. Or the fact Im not supposed to eat my weight in sugar doesn't occur to me.
  • EryOaker
    I want one in german chocolate!

Admittedly, I've never made a regular German chocolate cake nor eaten one. So I had to google it. In my searching, I came across this TrimHealthyMomma blogger who had already perfected this! You could easily just adjust the bake time and use a cupcake pan.
    http://mrscriddleskitchen.com/german-chocolate-cake/
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,469 Member
    I often dream about eating pastries, cakes, pies, donuts. In Reality its been years since I've eaten any!
  • tcunbeliever
    my weekend is booked, but I'm looking forward to trying the recipe soon!!!
  • EryOaker
    So my vanilla cake recipe test is done and cooling. I'll let you know how it turned out after dinner tonight! Here's a pic for a sneak peek! aye8u5p16b3i.jpg
    ohi4r5dz50rl.jpg
  • EryOaker
    I sprinkled the tops with some cinnamon btw.
  • tayusuki
    Oh my they look so lovely!!!
  • EryOaker
    rtipqytl7wqz.jpg
    1bc6i6229x7z.jpg
    a4y5qk5n7tug.jpg
    kl0f7daxd2eo.jpg
    72qxdj1ywidy.jpg
  • EryOaker
    So, I frosted them and ate one. It wasn't as dry as I would have liked, and to be honest, I think I may have over done the sweet. But I tend to like things on the less sweet side. The pictures look a little gray on the inside, maybe next time I'll add some yellow food dye. The outside looked so yellow and beautiful that I was surprised and disappointed that the inside wasn't as beautiful. The frosting I added just the tiniest amount of yellow dye to. It made a pretty Easter yellow. I'll write down my full review and recipe after my family dinner party.