What book are you reading?

Replies

• fitnellieforlife
    fitnellieforlife Posts: 40 Member
    ANne rice interview with the vampire
  • ryanthegreat314
    ryanthegreat314 Posts: 1,394 Member
    I very rarely read a book, but out of the ones I have read "The Secret" was phenomenal. Really gets you in a positive minded state
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    This, lord help me. I heard it was sub-par (at best), but I've dedicated myself to reading nearly every single book or short story this man has written.

51gI5anUHSL.jpg

Ooh I've not read this one. I love Stephen King. Gonna order this now !
  • n0jvk25yehxj.jpg
  • Tmountainmom
    Tmountainmom Posts: 16 Member
    Can't We Talk About Something More Pleasant? by Roz Chast. A graphic memoir. First time reading this type of book. It's good!
  • mohamedmutal
    mohamedmutal Posts: 7 Member
    I don't read books :(
    I read articles in the net a lot
    Currently studying for my internal audit exams
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    n0jvk25yehxj.jpg

I read this year's ago. It's brilliant. Khaled Hosseini's other book, 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' is even better
  • isbfc2011
    isbfc2011 Posts: 7 Member
    The Life Changing Magic of Tidying.

A cliche but since hitting my forties I've stopped reading fiction and inhabit the personal development section of bookstores.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Just finished Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter. Really liked it. Starting The Good Girl by Mary Kubica.
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    lmf6h2t94noq.jpeg

I have some of his to read on my kindle
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN

John Green
  • unfilterednate
    unfilterednate Posts: 905 Member
    First, thanks to all that have contributed so far, it's really nice to see the variety of books being read out there.

Here's the latest book I manhandled..

No really though, I couldn't help but be a bit awed by this book. It contains most of the definitive works, full documents and letters of intent from those that have governed the North American continent since the Mayflower. I ended up reading George Washington's farewell address.. it's a warning. Three of them actually.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to borrow it again soon

04gqh0z88uqv.jpg

Is this about me saying you look like Spencer Pratt ;)

No, this is about one of the many things I promised myself I'd learn about.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Does it count as reading if the book has remained unfinished for like over a year?

I just keep putting off finishing it. I should get back to it :tongue:

latest?cb=20151218163406
  • runnergirl0721
    runnergirl0721 Posts: 2,289 Member
    lmf6h2t94noq.jpeg

i want to read this so badly!!!
  • unfilterednate
    unfilterednate Posts: 905 Member
    I picked this book up again this morning.. if you know of Emile or have read it and are an educator... I'd really like to know your thoughts on this book. I know that's specific but I've always wanted the perceptive of an educator in this text because from what I've read this book helped shape education in Europe, redefining the child/mother bond to the point that certain groups of Europeans (economically better off for the most part) drastically changed their views and practices with their children.. which greater effected the rest of society.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Just started You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Does it count as reading if the book has remained unfinished for like over a year?

I just keep putting off finishing it. I should get back to it :tongue:

I've been reading the Godfather for like 3. I still count it lol
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    wt6knokbuo7g.png
  • amyoliverhoyles
    amyoliverhoyles Posts: 208 Member
    I picked up some books at the goodwill that I read when I was younger. Gonna read them again. They are dragon lance chronicles. I really like reading anything though. If someone says it's good, I normally check it out.