I need no carb recipes

Replies

• iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Er... A steak and eggs? And water.

I assume this doc was not a cardiologist.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited October 2017
    I can not seriously believe that any doctor would recommend losing a pound a day. That is an eating nothing while exercising your butt off kind of loss. Not healthy nor really possible. Did you mishear what was said that the doctor made a responsible suggestion of a pound a week?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    a lb a day? not safe or doable...get yourself a new doctor

This. Totally. Even my cancer patients don't lose a pound a day.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    go see a different doctor. it is not healthy for ANYONE to lose a pound a DAY

he probably meant a pound a WEEK, which is far more realistic.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Ok so apparently losing 15 pounds is not that great according to my doctor...he wants me to lose a pound a day. So I'm cutting the carbs and my 1 Mt dew a day out completely. I need cheap and easy no carb recipes....you can message me or email. Hope to hear from everyone!! Thanks...

Wow - 1 pound a day? Sounds like your Doctor doesn't have a clue.............

Weight loss is about taking in fewer calories than your body expends. Eat fewer carbs if you like to eat that way OR eat fewer carbs if you have a medical condition. But take either way just take in fewer calories.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Ok so apparently losing 15 pounds is not that great according to my doctor...he wants me to lose a pound a day. So I'm cutting the carbs and my 1 Mt dew a day out completely. I need cheap and easy no carb recipes....you can message me or email. Hope to hear from everyone!! Thanks...

I think you misunderstood your doctor.

No carb recipes: meat/seafood cooked without added sugar or sauce
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    edited October 2017
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I have a feeling a lot of people on these boards post "my doctor said" when it's really their idea all along. :/

I would be inclined to agree. While their are certianly some dumb doctors out there, even dumb doctors are typically smart enough to avoid a malpractice lawsuit waiting to happen.

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    awww, wheres the popcorn? anyone can lose a pound a day.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited October 2017
    I think the only way you're losing a pound a day is by cutting off a pound everyday......and that's just painful. You sure the doc didn't mean a pound a week? If he really did say a pound a day then I don't think english is his first language.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member

How much weight do you have to lose? Why were you not given a diet to follow if you medically need fast weight loss?
    Get a new doctor if he really told you to lose 1 lb a day. That is not a healthy or realistic goal. Even 2 lbs a week would be an aggressive weight loss goal unless you are needing to lose 100+ lbs. If you have 50 lbs or less to lose 1 lb a week makes more sense.
    You don't have to eliminate carbs to lose weight. Weight loss is from a calorie deficit. A diet will not be effective for weight loss unless you have a calorie deficit. You can eat a sustainable diet of all types of foods and consume fewer calories.

No carb foods- oil, butter, meat, eggs
    That is not something most people could stick to.
    Low carb diets are a preference for some people. A low carb diet does not eliminate all carbs. People are still eating things like dairy, vegetables, meats. https://kalynskitchen.com has a good selection of recipes.