• jordan_bowden
    jordan_bowden Posts: 90 Member
    My whole section is gone ??
  • jordan_bowden
    edited October 2017
    Okay let's retype this...

Hi everyone :)

So for the past year I have been IF, 16:8 & 5:2. I have been very diligent - however I have been suffering awful cellulite.
    I have not been able to wrap my brain around as to why though, as I am fitter and eat cleaner than I ever have in my entire life!
    Last week I didn't fast much at all, and kind of just ate a bit more freely. (Time wise, but still healthy).
    This morning I noticed that I barely have any visible cellulite ?!
    Could this possibly be related to less fasting?
    Am I just crazy, or imagining it all ?
    Thanks in advance, and sorry about the glitch xx
  • jordan_bowden
    Did you use an emoticon after "hi everyone"?

If you did, then MFP, for some reason, hates that and it will delete everything that you wrote after that.

Thank you, that just saved me a tailspin!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Did you drink more water last week? Maybe that's a factor.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited October 2017
    It's all down to genetics. Unfortunately. It has nothing to do with what you are eating or fasting.

I have it even when I get super lean.

What can help is building more muscle in the area. If you are undermuscled, the fat you have will show more, even if you are very slim. Keep in mind even ultra lean bodybuilders can still have cellulite.

Oh I didn't realize yours comes and goes. Mine gets worse with hormones, when I bulk , less hydration and better (less noticeable) with a tan and under certain lighting. But it always remains.Otherwise I have no idea.
  • jordan_bowden
    aeloine wrote: »
    Did you drink more water last week? Maybe that's a factor.

I drink a minimum of 4 liters a day, sometimes even double that! But not a week at a time, it just depends on my activity level. Last week I barely even got to the gym, as I was away.
  • jordan_bowden
    edited October 2017
    sardelsa wrote: »
    It's all down to genetics. Unfortunately. It has nothing to do with what you are eating or fasting.

What can help is building more muscle in the area. If you are undermuscled, the fat you have will show more, even if you are very slim. Keep in mind even ultra lean bodybuilders can still have cellulite.

I train my legs rather intensively, partially for that exact reason - aside from growing the booty. I also gain muscle rather quickly, so I doubt I am under muscular
  • sardelsa

I train my legs rather intensively, partially for that exact reason - aside from growing the booty. I also gain muscle rather quickly, so I doubt I am under muscular

I don't mean to say you have no muscle, but you will need more/extra muscle in the area (perhaps more than another person) to look more firm as you slim down. I also have significant muscle in my legs (through bulk cycles) yet I have the same issue with cellulite and stubborn fat. I am just going to keep building until I am happy, even if it doesn't go away in the end.
  • sardelsa
    How do you gain muscle quickly? I need your secrets.. it takes me years :p
  • jordan_bowden

Genetics I guess ? I don't mean I look like hulk in 2 days but I progressively see results/get definition and strength within at least a week of training again after I've fallen off the wagon (as an example)
  • sardelsa

Genetics I guess ? I don't mean I look like hulk in 2 days but I progressively see results/get definition and strength within at least a week of training again after I've fallen off the wagon (as an example)

Yea that's the thing.. seeing strength/definition I also have no issue with. But actual mass/muscle/size gain typically takes a lot of time, especially for females. It has taken me 3+ years to significantly grow my glutes. I would imagine this is probably on the typical side. But obviously genetics come in to play, as well as frame size... I have come to realize that a 2" growth on my (5'7") body will look different and less significant compared to someone who is a lot shorter than me. Just the way the cookie crumbles!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Genetics...
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Being more hydrated/consuming less sodium is supposed to help reduce it. Or you could just be one of the lucky ones (like me) who has it no matter what. Started at age 13 so I've learned to just stop caring!
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    karla24687 wrote: »
    Being more hydrated/consuming less sodium is supposed to help reduce it. Or you could just be one of the lucky ones (like me) who has it no matter what. Started at age 13 so I've learned to just stop caring!

Same here. Had it since age 12 or so. I've never been able to totally eliminate mine, even when I was underweight in my 20s (I'm 45 now). I agree with others that say building muscle helps...my cellulite was far less noticeable when I was doing lots of cycling & weight training.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I have hideous cellulite on my legs at any weight. If I lose 10 more (at bottom of BMI) and it's still bad I'm going to suck it up -- literally- with liposuction.
  • fivegmom
    fivegmom Posts: 1 Member
    I hate to tell you but liposuction doesn't make a difference in cellulite. It will change your body shape, as was my goal when I did it, but any surgeon will tell you it doesn't take care of cellulite. I wish it did!