New Horizon's - Jim's phase 2 progress thread

2»

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Jason, I'm sure you'll be fine if you stay within our safe little walls of OMAD revolution - we're here to fight for you!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    jvcinv wrote: »
    I've been warned by MFP for promoting unsafe or unhealthy practices. Of course I did no such thing.
    Unfortunately I do not feel welcome now and will not continue to participate since I am effectively prohibited from simply describing my experiences. I am not the type of person who handles being told what not to say very well, my only option is to delete my account. I'm not going to tip toe around always wondering if something I might say could be construed as unsafe or unhealthy.
    I'm just notifying the OMAD group so you don't wonder.
    I've enjoyed sharing these last seven months of my journey with you all.
    Good luck and much success to all.
    @jvcderby

What were you warned for? Specifically?

Exactly what I wrote above "promoting unsafe or unhealthy practices". They didn't cite a specific post but I assume it was something I posted on fasting which they lump in with dangerous eating disorders like bulimia.

It made me hot under the collar and I deleted my account. I'm not sure why but on my phone I'm still logged in.

That main site really bothers me, so much bad information floating around but unless you worship at the alter of calorie theory you're not welcome.

I don't know, I do enjoy the OMAD group so if i can I might just stick around here and just pretend that other side doesn't exist.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Yes, just ignore the other side...I post on the Maintanence group and haven't had any problems with that one yet and I tell others I'm doing OMAD...Please do stay here though :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Sh** sorry Jim - I was distracted writing this at work, sorry I accidently called you Jason LMAO :D:D:D
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Wow...yeah I would have gotten mad also. Great that newmeadow explained it...sounds like it's just an auto warning that gets triggered by particular words. I would have taken it personally. Yeah best for us to stay here on the OMAD boards...I know I get flack in my real world from people I know so I can imagine what random strangers want to spew on their computers. Please stay Jim...I'm learning a lot from your selfless sharing of your journey. I'm gonna read over your whole journey right now in case it disappears.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    I've been warned by MFP for promoting unsafe or unhealthy practices. Of course I did no such thing.
    Unfortunately I do not feel welcome now and will not continue to participate since I am effectively prohibited from simply describing my experiences. I am not the type of person who handles being told what not to say very well, my only option is to delete my account. I'm not going to tip toe around always wondering if something I might say could be construed as unsafe or unhealthy.
    I'm just notifying the OMAD group so you don't wonder.
    I've enjoyed sharing these last seven months of my journey with you all.
    Good luck and much success to all.
    @jvcderby

What were you warned for? Specifically?

Exactly what I wrote above "promoting unsafe or unhealthy practices". They didn't cite a specific post but I assume it was something I posted on fasting which they lump in with dangerous eating disorders like bulimia.

It made me hot under the collar and I deleted my account. I'm not sure why but on my phone I'm still logged in.

That main site really bothers me, so much bad information floating around but unless you worship at the alter of calorie theory you're not welcome.

I don't know, I do enjoy the OMAD group so if i can I might just stick around here and just pretend that other side doesn't exist.

I never post there anymore. Yeah, MFP is built around casual 30-something women with about 15 lbs to lose who want to run around and buy the latest Underarmour products. They don't want to be associated with what actually works, but might be considered extreme by these white, middle-class, treadmill jogging women that get up at 5:30 am and head into the gym for a quick fix...you know, the soccer mom types who never take anything too seriously.

Think nothing of it.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Jim,

If you want to see some beatings, do a search on my username and some discussions I've had on CICO. Just this week I've been called a horses *** and passive aggressive, mocked and ridiculed. Those were some of the nicer ones I've had in the past. Some people are very closed minded, don't read very well, a little ignorant, and flat out rude! Most are not like that on the other forums, but there are plenty that are that way. Don't give in to them and let them drive you off. If they want to kick you off that is another story but don't give them the satisfaction of making you want to leave. I can only handle so much myself and I usually just don't post on a thread after I start getting piled on. Hope to see you around!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Jim,

If you want to see some beatings, do a search on my username and some discussions I've had on CICO. Just this week I've been called a horses *** and passive aggressive, mocked and ridiculed. Those were some of the nicer ones I've had in the past. Some people are very closed minded, don't read very well, a little ignorant, and flat out rude! Most are not like that on the other forums, but there are plenty that are that way. Don't give in to them and let them drive you off. If they want to kick you off that is another story but don't give them the satisfaction of making you want to leave. I can only handle so much myself and I usually just don't post on a thread after I start getting piled on. Hope to see you around!

Oh I have no patience for that kind of stuff, and would not even take the bait. I didn't know you were mixing it up like that. What bothered me was this was a moderator, telling me I was posting dangerous unhealthy information, and that basically they would be keeping an eye on me. Excuse me? With all the other cockamamie stuff you see on here, I'm the dangerous one?
    In any case I'm over it and will hang around. The omad group is a nice supportive bunch and in my opinion has a much better success rate than the main area, where every other thread is like "Help! I'm logging all my food and can't lose any weight!!!!!!"
  • Brendalea69
    Glad to here you're going to stay with us :)
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member

I'm back.
  • Brendalea69
    edited October 2017
    Jim_fbr wrote: »

I'm back.

Nice picture, welcome back :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    glad to have you here. Who needs those other folks anyway.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Phewww...good you're back...we need all the wisdom/experience we can get! :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Nice to see you back! Got a new name I see!
  • mistymeadows2005
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! Welcome back!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Im glad you stayed =)
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Im glad you stayed =)

Thanks, so am I.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited October 2017
    Glad you didn’t leave Jim! I sometimes look at some of the other areas on MFP, but very quickly stop reading and come back here!!