40 pounds down!

aeloine
aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
bgj7r6bd94pg.jpg

Quite some time ago I'd posted a "30 pounds down" post and got some really good feedback about posting the "during". This morning I passed the "40 pounds down" mark and thought I'd give you an update.

Top left is before. It was my first week working out and I REFUSED to buy a bigger size. I did everything I could to make the shirt look "loose" on me. I wore the outfit out of the store and to my first Zumba class. I was just around 267 pounds.

Bottom left was from my other post, at 237. This morning I weighed in at 225 (bottom right)! Kind of "whooshed" past 227 (yesterday was 227.2, I guess I dropped some water weight after last night's work out).

I have a looong way to go, but 50 pounds down is now within sight!

t's taken me since March to lose the weight. I wasn't very serious at first, but I've averaged out about a pound a week since then. My next goal is to hit 52 pounds down by New Year's Eve (a pound every 6.5 days).

My biggest message today is to not get discouraged with stalls and that slow and steady wins the race. I hadn't lost any real weight since September 4th, and then I just "whooshed" almost 5 pounds this week. I didn't give up, didn't throw the towel in, and caught up to the "pound a week" average all in the last couple of days!

Don't get discouraged with your progress. It doesn't seem like much but the weeks really do add up and it becomes a lifestyle.

Age 24
5'7"

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited October 2017
    That top is going to be around your feet soon... Keep it up! You look fantastic - happier and more energetic/alive (if its possible to see that in a picture) :D
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    This is so inspiring! My start weight is similar to yours and I’m the same height. You give me hope. I am also currently experiencing a scale stall and am very much looking forward to the “woosh”!! Keep it up and please keep posting your progress. I absolutely live for before and after pics.
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Amazing
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Great achievement.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Nice job taking it slow and being patient (and persistent). You look awesome.
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    I needed this today. I get discouraged really easily when I don’t see results. You look amazing!! I’m 5”7’ as well. I’m currently at 193.2 but you look way better than I do. Get it girl!!
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Great progress. keep up the good work.
  • aeloine
    Thank you for all the love and support you guys!
  • Tulip9
    Tulip9 Posts: 143 Member
    So proud of your success so far! Slow and steady is great. Keep us posted.
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    You are looking great, keep up the great work!
  • Realtree2429
    Realtree2429 Posts: 81 Member
    You are doing fantastic! That's how it's done, patience and time. I lose weight the exact same way. The scale won't move down for weeks (sometimes up) and then all the sudden...."buh bye" weight! I love those weeks!
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Brilliant work!!!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Fantastic, thanks for the encouragement
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Awesome loss!! You look great :):)
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    You look fantastic! A thousand pats on the back!
  • sflohr
    sflohr Posts: 20 Member
    I'm very inspired by your loss and positive outlook. Thanks for posting!!! :):)
  • silkyb1
    silkyb1 Posts: 49 Member
    CONGRATS! How are you doing your meal planning?
  • AllSpiceNice
    AllSpiceNice Posts: 120 Member
    WTG! You look great and I love the happy smile and positive attitude!
  • aeloine
    silkyb1 wrote: »
    CONGRATS! How are you doing your meal planning?

I cook lunches and snacks on Sunday nights. Dinners are easy to prep salads or rice noodle stir fries. I've had to limit the stir fries because the sodium makes me bloat.

Find what works for you. I usually go for about a month eating the same thing for lunch every day and then switch it up.

Not a big breakfast eater, but I have a GIANT coffee in the morning that lasts me until lunch.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!