extra skin

marygirl05
marygirl05 Posts: 254 Member
Well today I went and have my extra skin taken off, although it is gone I don't know what it looks like, i am in some pain but not too bad, I still have toning to do for they can only pull skin so tight, but I know that now i got this I can run and workout without the boob effect with the stomach. I wont know what it looks like til friday when I am allowed to shower. I am scared to look at it

Replies

• ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    was it a cut under your abdomen all across ?
  • marygirl05
    i am not sure but from the pain and the pulling i would say a cut all acoss my abdomen but it is under but they did have to remove my belly button so I am not 100% sure.
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    that is a major step.. happy healing. Hopefully it will pass quickly for you.
  • marygirl05
    I am hoping for a quick healing and less pain just have to lay low for a few weeks no work for 6.
  • LEdmonds2016
    LEdmonds2016 Posts: 139 Member
    Awesome! I want to have the same thing done. I'll be following your progress if you post about it.
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,115 Member
    Awesome. I am am scheduled for a panniculectomy on 26 Oct...sounds like what marygirl05 had. ,,,Just taking off the excess skin without any muscle reconstruction. Looking forward to having it taken off but not the recovery period....oh well...the price we pay...lol
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    wishing u a speedy recovery
  • AusManok74
    AusManok74 Posts: 38 Member
    Hope it goes well, it's something I've thought about a little post weight loss too. Good luck.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 953 Member
    Thank you for sharing this process.
  • marygirl05
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    Awesome. I am am scheduled for a panniculectomy on 26 Oct...sounds like what marygirl05 had. ,,,Just taking off the excess skin without any muscle reconstruction. Looking forward to having it taken off but not the recovery period....oh well...the price we pay...lol

Yes def the price we pay but def something that was needed. Recovery is def going to be a long haul and hard for me because you don't lift anything and i have 2 children and for the first few weeks you have to walk huntched over which isn't easy to remember and you have to move so slow so that you don't rip anything out. I am gong on 24 hours now after surgery but I am trying to do what I have to to make sure I heal right. I am still not at goal but with all the extra skin i had i couldn't even run it was like the boob effect but with all the extra skin. So glad i did this though.
  • cozymom9806
    cozymom9806 Posts: 4 Member
    How are you feeling now?
  • FJlove4life
    FJlove4life Posts: 157 Member
    Speedy recovery!
    It's going to be so awesome when your all healed!
    I need a tummy tuck and inner thigh lift, I just don't know if I'll ever be able to afford it :neutral:
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Wishing you a good result and happy recovery.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Looking forward to hearing your results and if you're willing -- before and after pics. I'm curious how you decided on timing of the procedure? Like did you lose to your goal and then wait XX months? Is a tummy tuck what you had done?
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Would like to hear more about the procedure and recovery, if you please, as I am considering it. I need inner thigh lift, arm lift, navel reconstruction (looks like a giant frown) and lower abdomen lift. Currently scheduling consults.

Wishing you and speedy recovery.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    hope all goes well. cant imagine the pain you must be in.
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    SLIGHTLY OFF topic here, what is the typical amount you would lose to want to have the extra skin removed, like I plan on losing 60-80 pounds and I'm wondering if I'm likely to have that much extra skin.
  • Nmarine1996
    Nmarine1996 Posts: 166 Member
    Praying for a speedy recovery!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!