What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    It feels like a monster goal, not a mini one, but my next powerlifting competition is in less than a month. My deadlift goal? 400 lbs. :o

How close are you now? And I know I could dig it up somewhere.

I'm still shooting for 220 (weight, not lifting or anything). Got close this morning (220.7).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    chispaza wrote: »
    It feels like a monster goal, not a mini one, but my next powerlifting competition is in less than a month. My deadlift goal? 400 lbs. :o

You can do this!

My goal is to squat 135 lbs by the end of the year.

Nice! Can't wait to see that video!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited October 2017

How close are you now? And I know I could dig it up somewhere.

I'm still shooting for 220 (weight, not lifting or anything). Got close this morning (220.7).

Hit 374.8 (170 kg) at my last meet. @tacklewasher
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Getting my favourite jeans to fit and hopefully getting to goal #1 by Halloween and final goal by Dec. 18th.

This is me too!!
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    There is this book I really want to read but I promised myself not to buy it before I am under 85 kg (about 3 kg away now...). I had this goal before and I won't let go until I am there...
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    To weigh what I did when I got pregnant. I had lost a bunch of weight before I got pregnant but I still wasn’t at my goal. Pre-pregnancy weight: 150, CW: 164.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    LynnBBQ72 wrote: »
    LynnBBQ72 wrote: »
    I have an appointment on January 11th for my annual checkup with my general practitioner. Last year, he pretended to be excited that I had lost 8 lbs between January 2015 and December 2015. I weighed 234 at the end of December 2015, and my goal is to get down to 184 by my January 11 2017 appointment. That would be a 50-lb loss and I think he would be excited for real! I'm at 192-193 today, normally losing 1.5 to 2lbs / week so I think 8 lbs in 6 weeks is do-able.

UPDATE:
    Well, I got down to 185 according to his scale but 182 according to mine. He was still happy that I lost 49 lbs over the year. Then he asked what my goal weight is. I told him 150, possibly down to 140. He told me to try for 135, and that anything over 150 at my height (5 ft 5") is still too much. My bubble of happiness has temporarily burst. He gave me a year to do it, so I'll reset some mini goals after I recover from the gut-punch. So my next goal is to get rid of all my size 16 pants and XXL tops and fit into all size 14 jeans and Large tops. That should happen within 6 weeks, when all the stores start bringing out the cute spring clothes.

I'm 'replying' to this post SO LATE that actually now it might be relevant again. @LynnBBQ72 I'm guessing you've got another doctor's appointment coming up pretty soon. How's your progress been in the intervening several months? Are you personally satisfied with your efforts and/or results? Do you think your doctor will be pleased this year?
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    I'm looking forward to wearing a 2x instead of a 3x.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!