Have you tried drinking a gallon of water a day?????

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    I drink approximately 64 oz of water a day sometimes more sometimes less. Then I drink another 16 - 24 ounces at least of coffee possibly T. Once in awhile a soda. 10 oz of wine a couple times a week. I'm not dehydrated and I'm not running to the bathroom nine gazillion times like I was when I tried to drink half my body weight in ounces of water. For no benefit other than to just keep running to the bathroom
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    That's only 16 glasses, and many of us do that most of the time. My record while tracking has been 21 glasses, but I also drink from a 20 oz glass, and only count 2 glasses for each. I once poured and drank a liter while my babysitter filled me in on my daughter's afternoon. I didn't notice until she said "Wow, thirsty?"

For a lot of people, it's unthinkable to not drink that much. Both of my children guzzle water like it's going out of style, but my husband struggles to drink 40-60, and very frequently suffers miserable dehydration symptoms. There are water reminder apps, if getting enough is a problem for you. Some think peeing more often than is convenient would mean they were getting more than they needed, but it's important for getting rid of the waste products.
  • mmmi79
    mmmi79 Posts: 1 Member
    Drinking a gallon a day and peeing a lot like every one else. Skin is great though and digestion is good. Once read an article called "Set you body afloat" and it always stuck with me. Little more energy too. Normally horrible at drinking water except when focused on t
  • WayTooHonest
    WayTooHonest Posts: 144 Member
    My boss does not pay me to drink a gallon a day. I would spend allllllllll day in the loo.
  • mkeonem
    mkeonem Posts: 41 Member
    I have a 30oz cup I carry with me everywhere. I drink at least 3-4 of that a day. I have been drinking this much water for as long as I can remember. I don't think there has been a time since I got pregnant my first child that I haven't regularly carried around a cup or water bottle of some kind at all times. I have worked in customer service (hotel front desk/management) for so long and talk a lot on a day to day basis so my throat dries out a lot and water has just always been a constant thing in my life. I don't go to the restroom all that much, usually once per bottle I drink
  • NoLimitAsLimit
    NoLimitAsLimit Posts: 46 Member
    I drink at least 2L during my workouts and 300ml with every meal (3). So that's ~3L per day. I don't go overboard as I feel it's just not needed. It's also irritating having to commute to back and forth to the restroom 15 times a day.
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    I easily drink a gallon of water/tea a day. The days I don't I feel sluggish and then have bathroom problems the next few days. My skin is not as dry since I started drinking more.
  • Christine_2017
    Christine_2017 Posts: 60 Member
    I easily drink a gallon of water/tea a day. The days I don't I feel sluggish and then have bathroom problems the next few days. My skin is not as dry since I started drinking more.

Agreed! Aside from peeing a lot my clear dewy skin is about the only change I've noticed :)
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    I'm 5'4 and 145 pounds. I drink a gallon of water just about every day... I'm thirsty if not! :o
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I over hydrate/deplete electrolytes and this much is actually harmful for me .. I am short/petite..

I drink about a liter, 2 cups of coffee and eat my water through the various foods I consume daily. My summer running has me drinking a little more. This drinking gallon(s) of water for weight loss is woo. But if you love it, do it.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    I drink more then a gallon a day. I also spend lots of my day in the washroom. Makes no sense to me but it helps keep water weight off. Which makes it nicer looking at the scale.

How??? I don't like water. I do drink crystal light though. But how does drinking more water keep water weight off. I'm confused.
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    yes i swear by it!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    I got excessive punctuation disorder!

In all seriousness, I drink 6-7 litres of water a day, plus tea and maybe a Coke Zero. It's just what I do. I pee a lot, but not an insane amount, it's not like I'm running to the toilet every few minutes. I didn't really intend to, it's just how I work.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    I once drank a gallon of beer - the results were inevitable....

Honestly though, a gallon of water is a lot. I always keep a litre bottle with me and sip through the day. With other drinks and food water content it seems enough. I don't think I could do a gallon of plain water without bursting.
  • counting_kilojoules
    counting_kilojoules Posts: 170 Member
    No, because I don't need to. I drink when I'm thirsty because hydration is important for health reasons but there's no reason to be excessive. (Obviously if your climatic conditions and exercise levels will impact how much you should drink so, as always, ymmv.)
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    I usually go through a pot of coffee and drink a soda or two, plus a little extra, so I would say that I drink more than a gallon of water every day. When I go for a bicycle ride I drink even more. I just don't track how much I'm drinking. If it has no or very few calories then I don't care.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    I would never make it home because I would have to stop somewhere to use the restroom. I drink about 50oz/day.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    I try to aim for 100 oz per day which is more than a gallon. (My current weight is 214) I rarely get there. You need to have a lot of time to drink it and also pee! But when I do get at least 100 oz. in a day I am not hungry (which means I've been thirsty and not hungry most of the time) and I feel good.