Frustrated! Advice welcome!

Hello! I’m Laura! I’m 24 and have been using MFP for almost 3 weeks! I lost 30lbs doing weight watchers from December until October. I started getting really edgy & feeling like I wasn’t eating enough. I was probably eating 1,100-1,200 calories a day. So I decided to try MFP! I love the freeedom and being able to eat more! I track & weigh everything but lately I’ve been gaining & losing the same 3-4 lbs! This morning I was up 3lbs! I’m very active and average 10,000-15,000 steps a day and work out 3-5 times a week! Could My body possibly be in shock from the increase in calories? Has anyone else experienced this and how long did it take your body to adjust?
I eat 1,700 calories a day!

Thank you!

Replies

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Are you also measuring inches? Weight isn't everything, especially when that weight could be muscle or water gains, especially when you're very active.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    When you say you've been using MFP for three weeks and "lately" been gaining and losing the same 3-4 pounds, what time frame are you talking about exactly?

Have you been losing and gaining the same 3-4 pounds for the entire time you've been using MFP?
  • LauraSrock18
    LauraSrock18 Posts: 125 Member
    Thank you for your input! I wanted to try out “cheat days” and honestly I’ve realized it’s making things harder! I decided to stop doing cheat days! I also add calories based off of my Apple Watch during workouts to manually put in calories! I do my best to not eat workout calories as well!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited October 2017
    Most people will see normal weight fluctuations on a day-to-day basis. So what looks to be gaining and losing the same few lbs could just be normal changes in scale weight due to 100 different factors.

As Jane asked... what timeframe are we talking about... how long have you been using MFP, and how completely/consistently have you been logging your intake?

To your question about your body being in "shock"... it's not in shock, but if you had a significant change in WHAT or HOW MUCH you were eating, you could simply be holding a bit more water than you had been on WW.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Thank you for your input! I wanted to try out “cheat days” and honestly I’ve realized it’s making things harder! I decided to stop doing cheat days! I also add calories based off of my Apple Watch during workouts to manually put in calories! I do my best to not eat workout calories as well!

Think of your calories as averaging out for the week. If your goal is 1,600 per day, that's (1600*7)= 11200. So it doesn't matter if you eat 1,600 cals every day OR if you eat 1,400 Sunday-Friday and then 2,800 cals for your 'cheat' day. You would still average out to 1,600 for the week and lose weight. I'm talking about net 1,600 calories, which means Food - Exercise = Net. You can earn even more calories by exercising.
  • LauraSrock18
    LauraSrock18 Posts: 125 Member
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate the information! I’m definitely going to play around & see what works for me Using that!
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member

Make sure your apple watch is not synced to mfp if you are manually logging exercise as well. Basically, dont double count. Im sure you arent, just checking.