What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    That you actually want to move your body.....I don't want to go to a movie I want to snowshoe or hike or skate even if it's an activity that isn't my fav still better than sitting around

That I need new friends.....friends that want do stuff other then sit and eat

Yep! If you want to be fit, hang out with fit people!

Larry Winget, author of "You're Broke Cause You Want To Be", and other self help books, suggests that if you want change in your life, you need to hang out with people that have already made the change to learn how to live like a person who had already been through the change. In that book, he suggests that if you want to have more money, hang out with people that aren't broke all the time - change your friends. In another part of the book he talks about how being broke is a 'state' that is brought upon yourself through your own actions or inactions and that all the 'states' (weight, fitness level, where you live, the job you have, education level, etc., etc.) in your life are in that state cause that is how you want them to be. Another way to say 'state' is outcome or result.

What I took away from the book was that if I wanted to change my fitness level, and weight, to hang out with people that were fit. So far it is working.

I'm also out of debt, cause I want to be.

There are many self help books on personal finance, I liked Larry's style of delivery more than the others. And, in case you are freaking out about how you don't want to be broke, Larry isn't talking about people that are scraping by on minimum wage, he's talking about middle class people that make 40k/year plus and are broke cause they over spend.

One flaw with hanging out with people who have money when your broke is you want to fit in so you spend more...
    but I do agree that if you want to be fit and eat healthy, you can't hang out with people who eat badly..

• 2baninja
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Speziface wrote: »
    My hip bones hurt!!! Lol
    I'm a side sleeper and it's starting to kill me.

I can't sleep on my stomach (or what's left of it) anymore. It helps to keep an extra pillow in the bed to provide some extra support when needed.

I have a minimum of 5 pillows in my bed at all times now. I love my "new" hip bones, but I also hate them. And what is it with the stomach thing? I realized recently that I can't do it either! I'm so upset because it was incredibly comfortable.

Well that's a bummer, I can't sleep on my stomach because it's to big, I was hoping when I lost the weight it would be comfy again...
  • 2baninja
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    I am no longer traumatized by having blood drawn... the nurse hits my vein the first try now instead of having to try 2-3 per arm because the buggers kept on slipping further into the later of fat...

I might even consider signing up for blood donations now (if I even qualify since I lived in the US for 4 years...)

nice to know, I always thought it was just my veins, not the fat
  • FatAFNoMore
    FatAFNoMore Posts: 73 Member
    I am just beginning my journey with more than 100 pounds to lose. I wish I knew somebody where I live to be a workout buddy or just a source of encouragement. It is hard to change and make good decisions by myself.

Where are you located?
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    I am no longer traumatized by having blood drawn... the nurse hits my vein the first try now instead of having to try 2-3 per arm because the buggers kept on slipping further into the later of fat...

I might even consider signing up for blood donations now (if I even qualify since I lived in the US for 4 years...)

Sometimes it IS just your veins. Fat or thin, nurses have the hardest time getting a needle into my veins. They're apparently just really narrow!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member

Sometimes it IS just your veins. Fat or thin, nurses have the hardest time getting a needle into my veins. They're apparently just really narrow!

Ouch. That sucks. I'm so happy mine where just trying to hide behind the fat. Especially considering that I've had blood drawn nearly every two weeks since the beginning of summer... I'm getting really sick and tiered of getting stabbed with needles...
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    My tailbone. I can feel it like all the time.

I just had it this morning... and it hurts if you sit on hard surfaces too much. Stupid anatomy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!