Sober October 2017

Replies

• VoodooChile76
    VoodooChile76 Posts: 47 Member
    Just found this thread.. I'd like to take this into Nov also... Abstaining from booze certainly helps the transformation goal!
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Booze is my calorie downfall.. This time of year is particularly difficult. All that holiday cheer. Support from people who understand this struggle would be awesome.
  • KendraS74
    KendraS74 Posts: 84 Member
    Count me in as one who'd like to reduce intake of alcohol. :)
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    cmeride wrote: »
    Just found this thread.. I'd like to take this into Nov also... Abstaining from booze certainly helps the transformation goal!

I started on August 31st for "Sober September", then "Sober October" and am doing really well. More than happy to continue on through November. I'm actually trying to make it to New Years.

A drink is never just one a day, it becomes 3 or more
    That leads to extra empty calories, and poor eating choices.
    Drinking affects my sleep (especially wine) and I'm awake half the night.
    That causes me to feel tired and sluggish the next day and I don't get much done, let alone exercise.
    Then, I'll have a drink hoping it will perk me up a bit.....

Can anyone relate? This is what I remind myself when I'm tempted to have just one.

Welcome and good luck, Kendra, Trish and Voodoo

I can relate.
  • cmeride
    cmeride Posts: 56 Member
    edited October 2017
    theclaw900 wrote: »
    I haven't been here much (not at all really) but started out in September. This week I completed a 30 day No Alcohol Challenge and thought I'd show you all a progress picture. Here's what kicking the booze an do for you....

Good for you theclaw900! I can definitely see the difference. It's amazing what just 30 days can do. I'm on day 54 and can also see the difference every time I look in the mirror, but never though to do a side by side.

It feels good, doesn't it?

• Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Does anyone know if a November group has been set up yet?
  • maitevillanueva
    maitevillanueva Posts: 53 Member
    Does anyone know if a November group has been set up yet?

I haven't seen one yet, but it would be wonderful if a November group was created...we can all benefit from this forum
  • costellomom
    costellomom Posts: 18 Member
    Day 22. I have listened to “This Naked Mind” the audiobook twice. This weekend I ended up tailgating and drinking water! During the game I actually held my husband’s empty beer can to feel normal. I ate mac n cheese, banana pudding and a brownie... no big weightloss this morning when I weighed in, but still feeling accomplished. I really recommend that book. I would have caved by now if not for some of the ideas in there.
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    My hubby and I got a much needed date today. It ended up being beer filled. But I'm not feeling too bad about if, we have both been so good this month. I plan to keep going into November.
  • KendraS74
    KendraS74 Posts: 84 Member
    kerrirs971 wrote: »
    Here is to new beginnings . Send prayers and well wishes.

I hope today is a brighter day for you. I understand how you feel. I was just thinking about all those extra calories and how if we resist using them for that purpose (alcohol), think of the treats we can apply those calories toward instead.

I had some insomnia last night so made a list of little rewards for different weight-loss points. I am hanging onto that goal today.

Also? Dasani sparkling water.(strawberry) is yummy.

Have a great day, everyone.
  • maitevillanueva
    Day 22. I have listened to “This Naked Mind” the audiobook twice. This weekend I ended up tailgating and drinking water! During the game I actually held my husband’s empty beer can to feel normal. I ate mac n cheese, banana pudding and a brownie... no big weightloss this morning when I weighed in, but still feeling accomplished. I really recommend that book. I would have caved by now if not for some of the ideas in there.

Thank you for the suggestion!

• maitevillanueva
    kerrirs971 wrote: »
    I guess tomorrow I start over. My husband found my vodka and I'm tired of excuses for eating like crap and drinking too much. I have been full of excuses but at the end of the day depressed and disgusted . I'm so afraid to say I'm going to stop drinking. However, I must. I can't live this way. Here is to new beginnings . Send prayers and well wishes.

Just don't give up. I am in the same boat...doing and feeling exactly as you are
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    So I’ve had a couple of glasses of wine this week, which is fine. I fancied a glass on Sunday after surviving a trip to Ikea, and then once the bottle is open it becomes tricky not to keep having any. I felt good as I only had the one glass each night I drank, and yesterday realised that the wine itself wasn’t even that nice.

Tonight I tried again with a non-alcoholic beer. Just to see if I like the flavour. Considering I’m an ale drinker and Becks Blue is firmly in the lager category I’m not sure of the point. Last time I tried the Becks I noticed a weird aftertaste. Tonight I made it a shandy with some ginger ale. Still an aftertaste. Poured the bottle down the sink. Non-alcoholic beer just isn’t worth it.
  • hpetrillo
    hpetrillo Posts: 6 Member
    Would love to do a November challenge. My goal is to cut back dramatically and just be more comfortable with a slower pace of life. The trick now is not eat too much since I’m not drinking.