300lb+ Club

124»

Replies

• HopeAilee
    HopeAilee Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone, I started at 398 and currently 388. I haven't been constant with MFP, but I'm ready to commit. I've been making some healthier choices, but overall I find it difficult when I don't meal plan. I'm not on a diet per say, but just making healthier decisions. As far as exercise, I'm planning to follow the 8fit exercise program and aim for 10k steps daily + 30 min of cardio. Definitely looking for support on the beginning of this journey. :-)
  • shan_reg
    shan_reg Posts: 80 Member
    HopeAilee wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I started at 398 and currently 388. I haven't been constant with MFP, but I'm ready to commit. I've been making some healthier choices, but overall I find it difficult when I don't meal plan. I'm not on a diet per say, but just making healthier decisions. As far as exercise, I'm planning to follow the 8fit exercise program and aim for 10k steps daily + 30 min of cardio. Definitely looking for support on the beginning of this journey. :-)

Good for you! Make a routine and everything else will fall into place.
  • storks_cafe
    storks_cafe Posts: 9 Member
    My highest was 303. That’s when I stopped logging in.
    So I’m down to 285 and back again.
    I struggle with exercise. I can get motivated and be dedicated, but when I don’t see the scale move I give up. It hard to work through the pain and being tired so I expect the scale to show how much effort I put out. When it doesn’t it’s depressing.
  • neesa_ross
    neesa_ross Posts: 39 Member
    My highest was 303. That’s when I stopped logging in.
    So I’m down to 285 and back again.
    I struggle with exercise. I can get motivated and be dedicated, but when I don’t see the scale move I give up. It hard to work through the pain and being tired so I expect the scale to show how much effort I put out. When it doesn’t it’s depressing.

When the scale doesn’t reflect your efforts look for other nonscale victories. That is how I keep myself motivated. For example I am slowly losing weight but I have noticed that my body is changing, my clothes are all getting big for me and I have way more energy than I did before. I also sleep better and I am able to do things during my workout that I couldn’t do in the beginning. Sometimes the scale won’t reflect your effort but it doesn’t mean that effort was for nothing. Don’t give up, you can do this!
  • irtrail
    irtrail Posts: 18 Member
    I started at 360 lbs and have been fighting up and down for ovwr a year. Right now I am about 265. Was down to 242 in February. So tired of the fluctuating.

Any of you are welcome to add me. I have good days and bad days, but I stick with it. Seems most people only do the MFP thing for a month and I never see them again. Would like some who have some "sticktoitiveness" on my feed.
  • CoachJVO
    CoachJVO Posts: 15 Member
    Started at 320 when I first started this group, and am currently 268. Will continue getting better each day. Hope everyone is striving to win the day. Focus on your progress, and your goals will be reached in time.
  • siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member
    Started at 367.8, currently 175ish. Still plugging along day by day!