Erin's OMAD Diary

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Thanks Erin, we are definitely doing as much supporting as possible... <3
  • minigrrll
    Don’t beat yourself up about two meals a day... Its definitely better than 3! I generally give myself permission to lighten up on the weekends because it’s so much harder then. I always have a very long window which includes snacks and alcohol... I figure I’ll get there eventually and I don’t want to feel guilty about having relaxing weekends. It will just take a bit longer, but it’s totally worth it.
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    If you don't quit you can't fail. You're right to think that way. Even if two steps forward and one step back, it's still a step forward overall.
    You can do it.
  • EVP_NZ
    EVP_NZ Posts: 117 Member
    edited October 2017
    This is completely unrelated, but we got our first egg from our 2 backyard hens. Achievement unlocked! I’ve wanted this for 20 years. Good job Rosie!

*Edit—I also got a bee sting through my veil on the top of my head as Paul (our beekeeper that we hire the hive from) re-queened the hive. Haven’t been stung for a year, but man, they are cranky w/o a leader. Bees and hens—living the good life.
  • minigrrll
    Nice egg!! :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    EVP_NZ wrote: »
    This is completely unrelated, but we got our first egg from our 2 backyard hens. Achievement unlocked! I’ve wanted this for 20 years. Good job Rosie!

*Edit—I also got a bee sting through my veil on the top of my head as Paul (our beekeeper that we hire the hive from) re-queened the hive. Haven’t been stung for a year, but man, they are cranky w/o a leader. Bees and hens—living the good life.

I have bees and hens. Hens anyways, I lost my bees this year and will need to start over next year. They are fun!
  • blambo61
    @Brendalea69 and @minigrrll There are few things worse than having your baby in a plastic box, stuck full of IVs and oxygen tubes, etc and not being allowed to hold him or even touch him. Give those mums all the support you can.

The whole process (I had to have a c-section because of a previous surgery) felt like a violation and infantilising. I had no control over my own body or my child. I was a package holding a product. It was horrible. Give her lots of love and support and don’t let anyone minimise her feelings. UGH. I’m so sorry.

I didn’t do so great over the weekend. Two meals everyday for three days. No snacking, but still TMAD isn’t OMAD. But I’m back here. I figure the only way to really fail is to quit. If you don’t quit, you can’t fail.

Good attitude!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    My favorite part of this was "achievement unlocked"! A fellow nerd! :P Nice job little hens :)
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    congrats on the egg, bees and eggs.......wow, very cool I think!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    @Brendalea69 and @minigrrll There are few things worse than having your baby in a plastic box, stuck full of IVs and oxygen tubes, etc and not being allowed to hold him or even touch him. Give those mums all the support you can.

The whole process (I had to have a c-section because of a previous surgery) felt like a violation and infantilising. I had no control over my own body or my child. I was a package holding a product. It was horrible. Give her lots of love and support and don’t let anyone minimise her feelings. UGH. I’m so sorry.

I didn’t do so great over the weekend. Two meals everyday for three days. No snacking, but still TMAD isn’t OMAD. But I’m back here. I figure the only way to really fail is to quit. If you don’t quit, you can’t fail.

Exactly!!! "If you don't quit, you can't fail" this would be a good refrigerator magnet.
  • minigrrll
    Just found out the baby in the NICU is coming home today! This is totally amazing, he's done so well - I think this is even slightly before her actual due date was supposed to be...
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Just found out the baby in the NICU is coming home today! This is totally amazing, he's done so well - I think this is even slightly before her actual due date was supposed to be...

Glad to hear this <3
  • EVP_NZ
    edited October 2017
    @minigrrll That’s the best news I’ve heard all week! :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    excellent news! I pray he continues to progress well.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    YAY! :)
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    oh wow!! very good news!!!
  • EVP_NZ
    Sorry for the radio silence. Been off plan a few days as I’m withdrawing from caffeine. I’m fasting now, but I’m not sure how it will go later on today.

Apparently it takes 90 days for your body to recover hormonally so I’ve got it in my calendar to be caffeine free at least until then. I haven’t quit more than, say, a month at a time for the last 20 years.

Given up meat, dairy, gluten, sugar, most carbs, and alcohol at some point in my life. None of them are as addictive as sweet, sweet caffeine. The things I would do for a coffee right now.

Any of you off the sauce?
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    I was off Caffeine for about 3 weeks about a month back and it was hell. I went back to it's sweet embrace... I just don't over do it. It is a hard vice to give up for sure.
  • EVP_NZ
    @sammygold2015 I hear ya, sister. The headaches. Nothing touches them. But I hear things are much better on the other side of it, but long term—30, 60, 90 days. I just have to make it that far.
  • blambo61
    I've never had a tea or coffee habit. I've gotten into a caffeinated soda habit a few times and they make me feel like garbage. I drink a caffeinated soda about once every 3 or four months maybe (if I'm feeling really down at work physically - that is how it starts, or if I'm driving and need to stay awake). I do not want any addictions or the issues associated with that.