Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Why are most mfp users against holistic nutrition?

I'm 2 months into a holistic nutrition program and I can't help but question some of the things I'm learning. I've been on mfp for several years and I've learned quite a bit on here, but a lot of the information on mfp contradicts the information I'm learning in school. People think everything from a holistic standpoint is "woo" or BS. Even if I provide some scientific evidence, most people still disagree with any information I provide. It's upsetting since I'm a firm believer in using nutrition and lifestyle as a way to improve health and manage some chronic health conditions. The teachers in my school truly believe that leaky gut syndrome and candida overgrowth are REAL problems, even the one's who've practiced allopathic medicine and have years of education behind then. I go on mfp and it's the complete opposite of everything I'm learning. Am I being scammed?

Replies

• YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    What school are you going to, and where is it located?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    The only holistic approach that may have merit in my view is an intensive review of a person's blood-work including allergy tests then micro-adjusting the person's lifestyle and diet with supplements.

ALL of the subjects you mention have been debunked.

You can still be cautious about your diet and your health. Avoiding misinformation like this requires also a healthy dose of skepticism. There are authoritative sites you can look at for yourself to sift out the truth from belief.

Here's one example. Quick google search.

https://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/ucm447204.htm
This discussion has been closed.