Low carb

imiles95
imiles95 Posts: 1 Member
Low carb recipes?! Staying below 20 net carbs per day

Replies

• davidrocks76
    davidrocks76 Posts: 6 Member
    chicken with broccoli and a light n fit greek yogurt is what i have for lunch. Very low carbs and fills you up
  • dm5859
    dm5859 Posts: 81 Member
    I forgot. Net carbs were 6.4 grams for the whole meal.
  • nellie2075
    nellie2075 Posts: 2 Member
    I am also looking for recipe ideas
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    chicken with broccoli and a light n fit greek yogurt is what i have for lunch. Very low carbs and fills you up

'light n fit' yoghurt wont be low carb.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Great ideas!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    bacon, onions and mushrooms sauted over a burger or a pork chop with some sauerkraut and homemade dairy free1000 island dressing on top, chili made with chorizo and beef with an egg and avocado on top, these are pretty much my staples and favorite meals.
  • dm5859
    dm5859 Posts: 81 Member
    Today I made the bacon Brussels sprout au gratin from 12tomatoes.com. Delicious and a definite for our Thanksgiving table. Next in trying the lasagna from dietdoctor.com. We always have that around then too. Oh and I just found a recipe on Reddit for carrot cupcakes and cream cheese frosting.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Here is a recipe I made today.

2 Cup (Sliced), Zucchini
    • 16 oz, Deer Meat
    • 1 oz, Green Bell Pepper
    • 2 Pepper, Fresh
    • 225 g, Crimini Mushroom
    • 112 grams, Shredded Pepper Jack

Nutrition Facts

Servings 4.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 294
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 11 g 17 %
    Saturated Fat 6 g 31 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 3 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 113 mg 38 %
    Sodium 738 mg 31 %
    Potassium 883 mg 25 %
    Total Carbohydrate 5 g 2 %
    Dietary Fiber 3 g 11 %
    Sugars 3 g
    Protein 42 g 84 %
    Vitamin A 8 %
    Vitamin C 18 %
    Calcium 22 %
    Iron 28 %

• Nireedk
    Nireedk Posts: 36 Member
    https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/11/sausage-spinach-feta-frittata-low-carb-gluten-free.html

Yum - I made them in in muffin tins and froze for easy grab and go breakfasts. Use a paper liner tho - muffin tins are hard to scrub egg out of!

BTW, this site link has a bunch of other recipes that sound great too.
  • Pinterest is full of great ideas. It's my low carb go to
  • JThallmayer
    JThallmayer Posts: 6 Member
    4li9abqih13v.jpg

I've made a Cajun Shrimp Bake.

http://www.destinationdelish.com/cajun-chicken-spaghetti-squash-bake/

Went off this recipe but made some of my own edits to what I had on hand. like shrimp instead of chicken & leftover Alfredo sauce instead of cream cheese! Deff recommend.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I like fajitas. Chicken or shrimp with bell peppers, onions, and spices.
  • ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member
    edited November 2017
    I just made a Homemade Meatloaf yesterday which, according to MFP, is only 4g (net carbs) per serving. I used about 2 lbs. ground beef, 1 medium onion (chopped small), 3 slices of Schmidts Whole Wheat 647 bread (a low carb bread, made by Schmidt's, which is only 6g (net) carbs per slice), 2 eggs, 3 tblsp. Parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp. minced garlic, and about 2 tblsp. parsley flakes. I just run the bread under cold water, squeeze excess water out, and throw all the ingredients in a bowl, mix all the ingredients together by hand, and then form a loaf on a baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven. I actually made two smaller meatloaves yesterday and cooked it for about 11/4 hours. If you're going to do one large meatloaf, I would probably cook it for a little longer. I got a good 3 servings out of the 2 loaves I made yesterday (about 3 slices cut about a 3/4 inch thick) or 6 servings for a whole loaf.

Nutrition Facts:

Servings 6.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 333
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 33 g 50 %
    Saturated Fat 13 g 66 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 172 mg 57 %
    Sodium 246 mg 10 %
    Potassium 82 mg 2 %
    Total Carbohydrate 8 g 3 %
    Dietary Fiber 4 g 15 %
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 30 g 60 %
    Vitamin A 4 %
    Vitamin C 5 %
    Calcium 12 %
    Iron 17 %
    * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

P.S. If you don't feel like waiting for it to bake, you can easily make 6 patties and fry them in a pan with a little olive or coconut oil instead. I've done it before but, being as I use 80/20 ground beef, I don't usually add any kind of oil to the pan, at all, because the burgers make their own oil.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    ptrcmcc6 wrote: »
    I just made a Homemade Meatloaf yesterday which, according to MFP, is only 4g (net carbs) per serving. I used about 2 lbs. ground beef, 1 medium onion (chopped small), 3 slices of Schmidts Whole Wheat 647 bread (a low carb bread, made by Schmidt's, which is only 6g (net) carbs per slice), 2 eggs, 3 tblsp. Parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp. minced garlic, and about 2 tblsp. parsley flakes. I just run the bread under cold water, squeeze excess water out, and throw all the ingredients in a bowl, mix all the ingredients together by hand, and then form a loaf on a baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven. I actually made two smaller meatloaves yesterday and cooked it for about 11/4 hours. If you're going to do one large meatloaf, I would probably cook it for a little longer. I got a good 3 servings out of the 2 loaves I made yesterday (about 3 slices cut about a 3/4 inch thick) or 6 servings for a whole loaf.

Nutrition Facts:

Servings 6.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 333
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 33 g 50 %
    Saturated Fat 13 g 66 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 172 mg 57 %
    Sodium 246 mg 10 %
    Potassium 82 mg 2 %
    Total Carbohydrate 8 g 3 %
    Dietary Fiber 4 g 15 %
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 30 g 60 %
    Vitamin A 4 %
    Vitamin C 5 %
    Calcium 12 %
    Iron 17 %
    * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

P.S. If you don't feel like waiting for it to bake, you can easily make 6 patties and fry them in a pan with a little olive or coconut oil instead. I've done it before but, being as I use 80/20 ground beef, I don't usually add any kind of oil to the pan, at all, because the burgers make their own oil.

You can grind up mushrooms in place of the bread to hold it together and it tastes amazing.

• ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member

[/quote]

You can grind up mushrooms in place of the bread to hold it together and it tastes amazing.

[/quote]

That sounds good. I'll have to try that next time. Not sure my son will eat it though......lol
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    ...Hope you know he/she meant dried mushrooms right? Otherwise you are just adding more moisture :)
    My meatballs/meatloaf are made with bread soaked in milk, which is a common preparation, so adding moisture isn't necessarily a bad thing. Can't speak from experience to the mushrooms. Sounds like something worth trying though.