OMG I've found it: The best thing since sliced bread!!

13»

Replies

• kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Unpopular opinion: they have a weird after taste and are not as good as regular ice cream.

Most people on here would agree with you. It's the fundamental difference in calories and macros that makes the taste (and cost) tradeoff worth it.
  • Aint2Proud2Meg
    Aint2Proud2Meg Posts: 193 Member
    I just can't bear to try it. It's so expensive!
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Never heard of this before, but I am going to try them
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Definitely caramel macchiato is my fave. Then mint chocolate. I like the PB cup and candy bar, but usually too many calories for me to squeeze in the day.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited October 2017
    I have only been able to find it at Fresh Market.

Here's their store finder:

https://www.halotop.com/where-to-buy/

Personally, I find them OK but nothing to write home about - they don't have the mouth feel of real full-fat ice cream. I don't buy them very often because of the cost.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    LOVE me some pistachio and birthday cake!
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!!! yum!
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    I've never actually tried any of them. I know I have no self-control and don't need the 240-320 calorie pint of temptation that quick at hand. (and since I make sure to eat before grocery shopping, there's no desperate 'must have ice cream now' craving at time of possible purchase at a full-fledged supermarket). I have to admit I've definitely eyed the pistachio halo top at Wegmans on multiple occasions (but I know I'd want and eat probably all of it when I wouldn't otherwise be craving it at all if it was sitting conveniently in my freezer).

If it was stocked at my impulse/post-run buy-1-serving-of-junk-food-for-right-now locations (ie the corner bodega or the 24-hour quickie mart), I definitely would have tried it by now. (alas, neither even has any decent flavors of full-calorie gelato).

(It's not like I've given up ice cream. We stop at an ice cream stand on quite a few rides, and if the gelato food truck is at an event I'm dancing at and has a flavor I love available, then yum. But not something I like to keep on hand.)
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I'd rather eat Greek yogurt with some chocolate PB2 and frozen fruit, or budget for an individual cup of Edy's slow-churned, or even for actual gelato.
    Oh BARF. That is not even close to the deliciousness of HT. I feel sorry for ya. :/
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 354 Member
    edited October 2017
    I bought the chocolate and vanilla to try- ewwwww- this stuff is gross! Strangest texture and not creamy, just weird. Also made me sick to my stomach- weird crampy feeling
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I'd rather eat Greek yogurt with some chocolate PB2 and frozen fruit, or budget for an individual cup of Edy's slow-churned, or even for actual gelato.
    Oh BARF. That is not even close to the deliciousness of HT. I feel sorry for ya. :/

Different tastes for different people. I don't find HT the least bit delicious, and I love fruit/yogurt. Why be so dismissive? I'm ceding you my whole share of the world's Halo Top. ;)
  • nicholethompson24
    nicholethompson24 Posts: 11 Member
    I like to do half a serving of halo top and half a serving of regular full fat ice cream. Gets me more volume with not as many calories, and makes the full fat ice cream taste really good lol.

Favorite Flavors:
    Cinnamon Roll (AMAZING)
    Candy Bar
    Pancake & Waffles
    Sea Salt Caramel
    Peanut Butter Cup
    Birthday Cake
    Mint Chip
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Did Not Enjoy:
    Caramel Macchiato (I think Edy's coffee slow churned tastes 100x better and for only a few more calories)
    Chocolate Almond Crunch (fake flavoring taste)
    Cookies and Cream (icy)
    Chocolate (icy)
    Pumpkin Pie (meh, guess I'm pumpkined out)

Just "Okay":
    Vanilla Bean
    Red Velvet
    Oatmeal Cookie
    S'mores
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    aemsley05 wrote: »
    I'm from the UK where Halo Top doesn't exist :( But next month I'm coming over to the US for the first time and one of the things I'm most looking forward to is FINALLY being able to try Halo Top! Cannot tell you how excited I am! :D

I hope you like it, since you're looking forward to it. I personally find it disgusting. I gave it two tries with different flavors, and they were both among the grossest things I've ever eaten. I was excited to try it too after seeing people go on about it here. I hope it's a better experience for you! Have fun in the States!