Frustration!

I’m trying realllllly hard to not get frustrated, but I started tracking on MyFitnessPal earlier in October & I’ve been tracking for about 3 weeks, the first two weekends, on saturdays, I tried out doing “cheat days” & then tracked what I ate later, & was eating around 4,000 calories which was a major wake up call! Last weekend I didn’t have a cheat day but ate at maintainance for a holiday party. The past three weeks I’ve been up to 172 & down to 169 then back to 171! I’m so frustrated! I work out & the days I don’t work out I have over 20,000 steps! I’ve also been eating 200 calories under my 1,700 goal from not being that hungry! Why can’t I lose & get back to 167 like I was in September?! HELP

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Haven't we had this conversation before???

ww8lsiwgl1gu.jpg
  • MsChewMe
    MsChewMe Posts: 130 Member
    You are blowing it on the weekends.
  • LauraSrock18
    LauraSrock18 Posts: 125 Member
    MsChewMe wrote: »

That’s why I quit doing cheat days, if I have s special event I’ll eat at maintainance
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    its been 3 weeks, which included 2 cheat weekends and your period is probably due sometime soon...

stick to your deficit consistently and the scales will start going the right way... weight loss isn't linear though, it'll still jump around but you need to look at the overall trend over time.
  • MsChewMe
    MsChewMe Posts: 130 Member
    MsChewMe wrote: »

That’s why I quit doing cheat days, if I have s special event I’ll eat at maintainance

Sorry I missed that part. If eating at maintenance on the weekends, your weight loss will be slower. You could try eating less during the week to save calories for the weekend.

I went to a Jimmy Buffet concert last week and saved some calories all week so I could eat and drink whatever I wanted within reason.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    It sounds to me like you are being super impatient. You haven't even been tracking for a full month yet. And weight loss isn't linear, so you should expect those ups and downs on the scale. If you are working out, you could also be retaining water.

I'd advise trying to make sure your logging is tight and you are weighing solid food/measuring liquids. And if you are doing that, just wait and trust the process. If not, those are the first things I'd evaluate if I wasn't getting results.

You mention "Cheat Days" and "Maintainance Days", just a warning, you might be cancelling out your deficent. I'd REALLY try not to have those for a week or 2 to see if you can get the scale to move.

When I was losing, I was super consistant, everyday and had great results. Sometimes when we aren't consistent the results are slow.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    you've been at this three weeks and cheated two of the three weekends? yeah, I'd say you need to work on your consistency and patience!