• chris5602
    chris5602 Posts: 31 Member
    I'm 5'8.5 and need a 36 inseam.
  • SunflowerCutie
    SunflowerCutie Posts: 61 Member
    I'll say about 5'8 and over
  • 1sgs
    1sgs Posts: 45 Member
    My fiance and I went on vacation to an island in the Caribbean owned by the Netherlands and both the men AND the women were most always taller that us. It was interesting to say the least :smiley:
  • rialucia82
    rialucia82 Posts: 21 Member
    1sgs wrote: »
    My fiance and I went on vacation to an island in the Caribbean owned by the Netherlands and both the men AND the women were most always taller that us. It was interesting to say the least :smiley:

Curaçao? In any case, I visited a friend in the Netherlands once, and it was the only place where I was among the "short" crowd at 5'10"!
  • 88freya
    88freya Posts: 5 Member
    I'm 5'9" and I guess I consider myself kind of tall... Clothing can be difficult to find, I have extra long arms, my arm span is over 6'2" and long legs with a shorter torso. Jackets and blazers rarely fit my arms... it's frustrating. Average length pants never fit... so I am glad to have found talls that work perfectly. I'm only 5'9", I can't imagine how hard it is to find clothing for a gal over 6'0"!!!
  • Makkie155
    Makkie155 Posts: 8 Member
    i'm about 5'10 and consider myself tall, shoe size is 11 which is quite frustrating as i know taller women with smaller feet. Also i have very broad shoulders
  • annblahow1618
    annblahow1618 Posts: 21 Member
    I'm 5'8.5", so I'm not particularly tall, but I have long legs and usually have to buy tall-sized pants.
  • gunnerslove77
    gunnerslove77 Posts: 299 Member
    I'm 5'9 so not much difference between us.. my inside leg is 33.
  • classychica
    classychica Posts: 15 Member
    Evening ladies...I'm 6' tall....size 10 shoes :) I think if I wear heels I may fall over (joking)....happy to have found a tall hubby....but I do buy the tall size pants as my legs are "all of me"....
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    I'm 5'10" and many "average" pants fit me, but my torso is very long, so I'm lucky to find tops that go very far below my waist, much less cover my booty!
  • ginnybrock
    ginnybrock Posts: 27 Member
    I'm 6'1" and I begin to notice people's height around 5'10".
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Same, I really don't notice unless people are about "my level" or taller haha.
  • kemit1976
    kemit1976 Posts: 46 Member
    I am 5'9 I was just in a meeting and most were shorter than me and some were by a lot. I don't think I am at tall till I go out to places and realise there are a lot of shorter humans out there.
  • scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    I don't know the cut-off but I am 6'5", and I have a 31" inseam! Doc said if my legs matched my torso I would be 6'10"! I figure if your legs touch the ground you are good:-)
  • ahopefultree
    ahopefultree Posts: 12 Member
    Average height for women is around 5'3, and I think generally 5'7 would be the start of calling a lady tall.

But it also has to do with personal perception. I have sisters who are 5'3 and 5'7. I'm 6' myself, so I consider both of them short. But the 5'7 one is tall to the 5'3 one (I'm a giant to the 5'3 sister and I love it!).
  • nanlmille
    nanlmille Posts: 14 Member
    lalepepper wrote: »
    What is considered "tall" also depends on the average where you are living. Women in Scandinavia are more likely to be within a few inches of my height (6') while women in America average about 5'4", so it's really all relative.

This is so true! I visited Denmark and Sweden last fall and was totally amazed at how many 6' plus women I saw! My daughter is nearly 6'3" and she did not look out of place there. And I, at 5'9" (shrunk from 5'10") felt positively average.
  • newgirl512
    newgirl512 Posts: 58 Member
    I'm dutch. 5'10" considered normal height by all my cousins. I live in the south in America. I'm considered super tall here!
  • marmeer25
    marmeer25 Posts: 24 Member
    I found this site - it calculates height percentile by country. For me in Canada, at 6'1" - 1 in 1733 people would be taller then me. When I switched it to the Netherlands, it said 1 in 99. It is a very interesting site!

https://tall.life/height-percentile-calculator-age-country/
  • toriann319
    toriann319 Posts: 994 Member
    I am 5'11 and my childhood best friend is 4'11. She claims she is 5' now, but I don't believe her. My mom is 5'7 and my dad is 5'11, sister coming in at a whopping 5'5. I have always felt like I towered over everyone. I'm getting married next year and my tallest bridesmaid is my sister... I can't win for losing. HAHA!
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited July 2020
    As a man, of 5'8" which I consider short for men, I consider a woman of 5'8" or taller to be tall. I had a girlfriend who was my weight, we were both ok with it, she wear flats most of the time when we went out. I believe it's all hoe one carries themselves. Confident and all is well.

Let me propose this question to you women 5'8" and taller - would you date a man that is 5'8"?