Fat intake?

Hi guys, i was wondering how much should my daily fat and carbs intake be for a 1500 calories diet.
I'm a male.. 20 years old weighing 114.5 KG and height 189 cm.

If anyone can help it'd be appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    are you actually eating 1500 calories now?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Hasn't someone posted this link for you already?
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1

Why on earth a big and young man is restricting to only 1500 cals is beyond me though. Fix your calories and your macros may well look after themselves.
  • Tariq_1997
    Tariq_1997 Posts: 143 Member
    are you actually eating 1500 calories now?

Yep i'm having alot more foods like Turkey, low fat milk...
    I'm eating the way i like in small amounts.
  • Tariq_1997
    what are ur goals? are u just trying to lose 50 or so lbs.. what lifestyle do u want? i swear by a lower carb higher fat way of eating.. keeping carbs below 50 a day for fat loss.. ur 6'2 and 250lbs.. i figure 200 lbs is appropriate for that frame..

My goal is to hit 90-100 KG so i need to loss about 20 KG.
    I'm already eating less carbs and fat but i dunno how much should my daily intake be.
  • Tariq_1997
    L1p0 wrote: »
    1500 cals are too low my friend. How did you come by that number. When I was at 114kg I was eating about 2800 and still losing weight without any more strenuous exercise than walking. Please reassess as eating too little will cause more harm than good.

As it shows on this app 1500 calories is the minimum for a man. So that's what i'm doing. But i will add more calories when i start working out and doing weight lifting
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Tariq_1997 wrote: »
    what are ur goals? are u just trying to lose 50 or so lbs.. what lifestyle do u want? i swear by a lower carb higher fat way of eating.. keeping carbs below 50 a day for fat loss.. ur 6'2 and 250lbs.. i figure 200 lbs is appropriate for that frame..

My goal is to hit 90-100 KG so i need to loss about 20 KG.
    I'm already eating less carbs and fat but i dunno how much should my daily intake be.

Did you look at the link in the reply below? it explains how to work out your macros...
    sijomial wrote: »
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1

Why on earth a big and young man is restricting to only 1500 cals is beyond me though. Fix your calories and your macros may well look after themselves.

• Tariq_1997
    sijomial wrote: »

I must've missed it, on this app it showed mr that i need to eat 300 grams of carbs a day to lose 1 lb a week. Do you really agree with eating that amount? And 75 grams of fat!
  • TavistockToad
    whats wrong with MFPs default macros?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited October 2017
    your macro breakdown is not relevant to weight loss - your calorie intake is. 300g carbs and 75g fat would be the MFP default for you to lose 1lb a week (so your recommended calorie intake would be a lot higher than 1500 cals).

perhaps trust the system that has been successful for many hundreds of people, and follow the MFP calorie recommendation. follow the link to set your macros if you like, or stick to what they suggest. personally i'd increase protein (0.8g per lb of bodyweight) and decrease carbs to bring the calories back to the recommendation - this isn't because I think the carbs are too high, but because I think the protein is a little too low, especially for someone in a deficit.
  • Tariq_1997

It tells me to eat 50% carbs and 30% protein and 20% fat.
    50% of my daily intake is 300 grams of carbs, that's what it shows
  • Tariq_1997
    your macro breakdown is not relevant to weight loss - your calorie intake is. 300g carbs and 75g fat would be the MFP default for you to lose 1lb a week (so your recommended calorie intake would be a lot higher than 1500 cals).

perhaps trust the system that has been successful for many hundreds of people, and follow the MFP calorie recommendation. follow the link to set your macros if you like, or stick to what they suggest. personally i'd increase protein (0.8g per lb of bodyweight) and decrease carbs to bring the calories back to the recommendation - this isn't because I think the carbs are too high, but because I think the protein is a little too low, especially for someone in a deficit.

That's exactly what i thought, my doctor told me to have at least 100 grams of protein a day. I put my macros as 50% protein, 25% fat and 25% carbs but sometimes i go more than 25% of carbs
  • Tariq_1997
    Those macros arent going to influence the fact that you are going to lose 1lbs per week.

You are basically going to extremes here

What about the high carbs? Alot of dietitions ask to eat less carbs and fat
  • TavistockToad

It tells me to eat 50% carbs and 30% protein and 20% fat.
    50% of my daily intake is 300 grams of carbs, that's what it shows

so?
  • TavistockToad
    Those macros arent going to influence the fact that you are going to lose 1lbs per week.

You are basically going to extremes here

What about the high carbs? Alot of dietitions ask to eat less carbs and fat

as a way of getting in to a calorie deficit...
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    You have to find your own ideal macro split.

Personally I manage really well on 150g carbs, 65g fat and around 1900 calories. And I'm a small female.

Carbs are filling to me and stop me over eating. Everyone is different so you really do have to play around with it. Starting with the MFP defaults is a good place to start.

You lose fat one way, by eating less calories than you burn off.