Calculating percentage of macros vs grams of macros?

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere on this site, but I can't seem to find this info anywhere here. I set my macros to 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein...I believe this is what is recommended for EM2WL? My TDEE with 15% cut is 1779. According to my food diary, my goals for the day are 188 g carbs, 62 g fat and 140 g protein. Monitors, does this sound right?? Any way I can see how many calories or percentage of calories are from macros? Or would that require an upgrade on this program? ( Not wanting to do! )

Replies

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Carb & protein are 4 cal/g and fat is 9 cal/g
  • stridingirl
    stridingirl Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks, Sumiblue...I wondered if that had something to do with it...guess I will figure out the percentages from there.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    I’m not sure I’m understanding your question. If you want to see the macro % throughout the day then click on Macros under nutrition in your diary. It’s not a premium function.
    Under Goals you can reconfigure the %-also free. Is that what you are looking for?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere on this site, but I can't seem to find this info anywhere here. I set my macros to 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein...I believe this is what is recommended for EM2WL? My TDEE with 15% cut is 1779. According to my food diary, my goals for the day are 188 g carbs, 62 g fat and 140 g protein. Monitors, does this sound right?? Any way I can see how many calories or percentage of calories are from macros? Or would that require an upgrade on this program? ( Not wanting to do! )

1779 - call it 1780.

30% = 534 calories
    40% = 712 calories

712 / 4 = 178 g carb
    534 / 4 = 134 g pro
    534 / 9 = 59 g fat

Basically if attempting each meal - you'll want a ratio of 9 : 7: 3 g if adding on the fly. Around 91 cal there.

Like if looking at 2 different yogurts trying to decide higher fat one, or the lower fat higher carbs one.

Oh - those goal amounts - did you change the actual eating goal to 1779, or still sitting at MFP default based on say maintenance selected - because those macros are more than calories.

And the % of calories is that 40/30/30 - that's not % of grams.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    If you are looking for the % breakdown of your macros, you can view this in the mobile app for MFP. Its not available on the desktop. If you scroll doen on your diary to the bottom, theres a button there for Nutrition. in there you will find the macros % and you can use that to help you hit your target numbers.

Kelly
    Team EM2WL
  • stridingirl
    stridingirl Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you all for your help. I found the info I needed! Appreciate your responses!!