What book are you reading?

Replies

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    The God Delusion but Richard Dawkins, which I've read before but back in like 2007. Also reading "The Cell", a lesser known Stephen King book about mobile phone zombies.
  • unfilterednate
    unfilterednate Posts: 905 Member
    The God Delusion but Richard Dawkins, which I've read before but back in like 2007. Also reading "The Cell", a lesser known Stephen King book about mobile phone zombies.

The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins!

This is high on list to read..
    I picked up some books at the goodwill that I read when I was younger. Gonna read them again. They are dragon lance chronicles. I really like reading anything though. If someone says it's good, I normally check it out.

Amy, which ones? I read literally hundreds of those novels as a 10-15 year old.. Check out The Legend of Huma, its one of my personal favorites from dragonlance.. the character made me think about honor and courage as a 10 year old in a way that my parents never had..

We were poor and had no tv haha :)
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Currently listening to A Game of Thrones.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    blindsighted by Karin Slaughter
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    The woman in cabin 10. So goood.
  • mabearof6

Loved that book!
  • laurenebargar
    mabearof6 wrote: »

Loved that book!

Im actually listening to it on an audio book, its great! Im on the last few chapters
  • mabearof6

Loved that book!

Im actually listening to it on an audio book, its great! Im on the last few chapters

I listened to it too☺
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Chaos Quarter. I forget the author. I always forget the author unless I become obsessive about owning all the books ever written by said author. Eg Terry Pratchett
  • laurenebargar

Loved that book!

I listened to it too☺

Any suggestions for my next audio book?
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Hell House by Richard Matheson
  • WanderingRivers

Loved that book!

I listened to it too☺

Darn near anything that Neil Gaiman has written. American Gods is a personal favorite of mine.

Mercedes Lackey is another author I adore.
  • WanderingRivers
    Currently listening to A Clash of Kings. Roy Dotrice mispronouncing some of the words makes me cringe but I can't kvetch overmuch.
  • laurenebargar

Loved that book!

I listened to it too☺

Darn near anything that Neil Gaiman has written. American Gods is a personal favorite of mine.

Mercedes Lackey is another author I adore.

Ill look into those :) Thanks so much!!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    i always have a couple of books going - right now: Caroline: Little House Revisited - its little house on the prairie told through the eyes of Ma

Also Dear Fahrenheit 451 - its a series of letters/essays from a librarian to various books in the library as they are being removed from circulation, replaced, recommended etc
  • mabearof6

Loved that book!

I listened to it too☺

Karin Slaughter books are pretty good audio books. Even her books that are technically parts of a series can be read as stand alone books also.....I'm reading (listening) to quite a few of her right now.
  • laurenebargar

Loved that book!

I listened to it too☺

Karin Slaughter books are pretty good audio books. Even her books that are technically parts of a series can be read as stand alone books also.....I'm reading (listening) to quite a few of her right now.

Love Karin Slaughter! I forgot about her!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I just downloaded "The Song is You" by Megan Abbott. I really liked "The Fever" so I thought I'd give another one of her books a whirl.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member

Loved that book!

I listened to it too☺

Love Karin Slaughter! I forgot about her!

i love Karin Slaughter and she is soo cute - that its hard to believe her books are so dark in places - i got to meet her on a book tour a couple of years ago

a recent author i've discovered (and I think some of his books are available in audio) is Graham Masterton -he has an Irish police procedural series (the Katie Maguire series) that is pretty good - i've read the first 5 books in the series over the last couple of months and about to read the last 2 that are currently available