NEAT Improvement Strategies to Improve Weight Loss

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I am very forgetful, so I have to go up and down the stairs in my house to get things (especially to the pantry/cold storage in the basement when I am cooking/baking). I also hate parking lots so I will park far to avoid cars if I can. I put on upbeat music when I am cooking, cleaning, folding laundry so I dance and jump around.

I'm very forgetful as well and this happens all the time, and then I started actually putting more commonly used things in the downstairs pantry/fridge so I have to make another trip besides. So, it's usually 1 trip for ingredients for dinner, and then a couple more for the stuff I forget (and only remember 1 at a time ;) ).
  • yskaldir
    yskaldir Posts: 202 Member
    Clean your house every day.
    Shake your legs when sitting down.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    try2again wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I am very forgetful, so I have to go up and down the stairs in my house to get things (especially to the pantry/cold storage in the basement when I am cooking/baking). I also hate parking lots so I will park far to avoid cars if I can. I put on upbeat music when I am cooking, cleaning, folding laundry so I dance and jump around.

I'm very forgetful as well and this happens all the time, and then I started actually putting more commonly used things in the downstairs pantry/fridge so I have to make another trip besides. So, it's usually 1 trip for ingredients for dinner, and then a couple more for the stuff I forget (and only remember 1 at a time ;) ).

Bahaha yupp same!!! ;)
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 576 Member
    I do several of the things that others have posted, as well as the following:

-At work, I stand and/or walk around while eating breakfast. I've also started to walk around every time I drink water at work. I also stand while on phone calls and walk around if I'm on a conference call that I can listen to on speakerphone.
    -I'm not a natural fidgeter, but I've started to intentionally fidget during meetings and throughout the day.
    -When working out, I keep my water on the opposite side of the room so that I have to walk back and forth whenever I take a water break. I also sometimes do this with my drink when eating dinner at home.
    -I always weigh and log ingredients into MFP's recipe builder as I cook, but I keep my phone on the opposite side of the room so I end up walking back and forth to log every ingredient.
    -I charge my phone in an outlet in a different room from the one that I'm in and end up getting up/walking to check it several times while it's charging.
    -I wander around when I open up mail or a package - this works well when I order a bunch of items on Amazon and walk around for several minutes while unpacking/opening up each item.
    -When possible, I check my email, Facebook, MFP, etc. on my phone and walk around while answering emails/messages or browsing on my phone. On the weekends, I do this a few times per day, and each time can be 10-20 minutes worth of walking.