ALCOHOL AND OMAD

Question. I think im going to have to stop drinking to make this work, honestly I drink way too much and I think I give myself the "oh its ok because i eat super healthy attitude" and my weight has been stuck where it is now for over a year.

Did any of you have to quit drinking to lose weight? And how does it affect OMAD. I think its just a huge amount of empty useless calories and it makes me want to eat more and not care when I obviously do when im not drinking.

Im thinking i will let myself have 1 day a week where I can have a drink with my friends but thats it.

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I’m still drinking (probably too much, ha!). I drank wine on Thursday, vodka last night and I’m planning on drinking again tonight as we are going out to a gig at a pub with friends who are big drinkers...

I’m losing slowly though, I’m sure if I cut back on the booze I’d probably lose way faster. Right now I’m not willing to give it up. If, when I get closer to goal, I’m having problems losing, I may have to reconsider.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited October 2017
    Question. I think im going to have to stop drinking to make this work, honestly I drink way too much and I think I give myself the "oh its ok because i eat super healthy attitude" and my weight has been stuck where it is now for over a year.

Did any of you have to quit drinking to lose weight? And how does it affect OMAD. I think its just a huge amount of empty useless calories and it makes me want to eat more and not care when I obviously do when im not drinking.

Im thinking i will let myself have 1 day a week where I can have a drink with my friends but thats it.

I dont drink alcohol or soda because I would rather eat my calories...I think one day a week would help but only one way to find out is to try it and see :)
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    If indeed you are drinking "way too much", I think you need to address that issue regardless of whether or not you're trying to lose weight. You'll be much better off if you can limit it to an occasional moderate amount, even better yet just let it go entirely.
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    I quit drinking for a month and my weight loss didn’t change.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I quit drinking 39-yrs ago (as minor) cause it was causing me way too many troubles. Do not regret it at all.
  • RunnerHannah
    RunnerHannah Posts: 24 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I quit drinking 39-yrs ago (as minor) cause it was causing me way too many troubles. Do not regret it at all.

thats awesome, i wish i would have quit ten years ago honestly, when i was 21 lol
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited October 2017
    blambo61 wrote: »

thats awesome, i wish i would have quit ten years ago honestly, when i was 21 lol

I quite when I was 17. It only got me in trouble. If you want to, just do it.

Quit smoking then too. 1st day in 12th grade, right after having a smoke, I ran 2-miles with the cross country team due to a friend taunting me into doing it. I thought I was going to die. I was dead last. Made me really sick and I was hacking up all sorts of black stuff. That was my last day smoking, took a couple of weeks to get past the jitters. I kept up running and was the cross countries 4th guy by the end of the season. By the end of track season in May, I ran a 4:48-mile and tied our high school record (soft record). Not bad for quitting smoking 9-months prior. Next year in college I could do 6/5 of a mile at a 5:00-min/mile pace 3-times in a workout with a 5-min recovery in-between at 4500 ft elevation. Smoking never helped me either.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Ive never drunk alcohol.......I never could stand the taste of it...... but I love my diet cola =)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    I am not a big Drinker, but when I do have one night out, It really doesn't effect my weight loss. But I don't partake every night, perhaps twice a month.