The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• karijo475
    karijo475 Posts: 88 Member
    reached the big 5.0. I'm sure it's getting harder :p good luck guys x

Happy birthday!!!
    HeyEmilio wrote: »
    Joined a 4 week body fat percentage loss competition @ work that ends on Monday morning, down 14 lbs and 3%, cardio in the mornings and lifting in the afternoons, wish me luck. :smile:

I'm 40 by the way.

Good luck!!
    Hi all. Is this group still open and having discussions?
    I'd like to be added, if so.

Chime in whenever!! That's what I did! LOL
    ptrcmcc6 wrote: »
    I'll be 56 in 2 more weeks. Just added you as a friend.......... :smile:

Happy early birthday!!
    54 here. Started MFP at about 300 lbs several years ago but am down to 225 now with a goal of 200, so I'm making progress. Having fun as a beginner triathlete (who needs to work on his running).

Great job losing your weight!! Triathlete! Way to go!!! I don't think that's something I'll ever do, but I admire those who do!!
    Moncsik79 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm 38 and I would like to loose weight once at all. I would like to change my lifestyle, to be fit and healthy. This isn't my first attempt, but a good community can help me...

Welcome and just join in!!
    Wow, Im a middle-ager. ;)
    Im 41. Back on MFP. Trying to slim down.
    My profile gives all the details but essentially I'm a cyclist and want to get faster, and live longer.
    Im vegan too, but that doesn't necessarily mean lean or healthy.
    Fortunately Im pretty healthy, but not all that lean.
    Feel free to add me!

Welcome!! I'm not sure I'm ready to admit to being a middle-ager.... you can keep it ;) LOL
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Good morning middle-agers. It's so cold in BC today.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    It's Monday folks, and we got SNOW!. BL :s
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Middle aged ... 53 here. Lost 60 pounds over the past few years (some of it before MFP) and have another 40 pounds or so to go. Anyone feel free to add me. The encouragement we provide each other really helps us to be successful.
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Feel free to add. Not that I have a lot to offer. I can be funny from time to time, but mostly in a "everyone point and laugh" kind of way.
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Feel free to add. Not that I have a lot to offer. I can be funny from time to time, but mostly in a "everyone point and laugh" kind of way.

That made me laugh! :lol: But maybe I’m just easily amused. :wink:

• karijo475
    Good morning middle-agers. It's so cold in BC today.

Do you have snow yet?
    sdereski wrote: »
    It's Monday folks, and we got SNOW!. BL :s

Oh man! I don't want any snow!!!
    Middle aged ... 53 here. Lost 60 pounds over the past few years (some of it before MFP) and have another 40 pounds or so to go. Anyone feel free to add me. The encouragement we provide each other really helps us to be successful.

Welcome!! Good job losing 60#! That's a great accomplishment.
    Turning 40 in December. Started at 370 almost 1.5 years ago. My goal was to be under 200lb by my birthday and I'm already there. Here is to taking my life back.

You can do it!! How far do you have to go to reach your goal, if you don't mind me asking?
    jaxCarrie wrote: »
    Oh jeez, I guess I qualify. I'm 44, but I don't feel 'middle aged'.....I guess I subscribe to Hunter S Thompson's philosophy on aging - “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

I don't always make good choices, but I try to walk that line. I finished my 2nd ironman this year. Might do another. might not. always looking for the next adventure.

Welcome! I didn't want to admit to being middle aged either!! LOL I love that quote! I'm going to have to post it! 2nd ironman, that's amazing!!

Welcome!!
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    jaxCarrie wrote: »
    Oh jeez, I guess I qualify. I'm 44, but I don't feel 'middle aged'.....I guess I subscribe to Hunter S Thompson's philosophy on aging - “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

I don't always make good choices, but I try to walk that line. I finished my 2nd ironman this year. Might do another. might not. always looking for the next adventure.

Wow! Just Wow! ‘Back in the day’ I used to do sprints and Oly’s, but the thought of a half or a full Ironman was just too big a goal. I’ve got mad respect for anyone who has done one, so serious props to you for completing 2! :blush:
  • Tenacity149
    Tenacity149 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi, I'm 52 and getting back to a healthy lifestyle. Please feel free to add me; I would love the inspiration and support.
  • Rainqueen77
    Rainqueen77 Posts: 116 Member
    edited October 2017
    Turning 40 in December. Started at 370 almost 1.5 years ago. My goal was to be under 200lb by my birthday and I'm already there. Here is to taking my life back.

You can do it!! How far do you have to go to reach your goal, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't actually have a goal weight. My goal was to be under 200lb by dec 31 and I've already done that. My goal is to have a healthy life from now on. We'll see what weight I end up at.

• moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    43 year-old Brit checking in!
  • karijo475
    Hi, I'm 52 and getting back to a healthy lifestyle. Please feel free to add me; I would love the inspiration and support.

Welcome!!
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    43 year-old Brit checking in!

Welcome!!
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    They are calling for snow this week, wahhhhhh
  • Dropfor40
    Dropfor40 Posts: 13 Member
    Add me..big 4 0 is round the corner
  • mandapanda4181
    mandapanda4181 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi, My name is Amanda. I'm 36 years old. I would love some friends to help me through my journey that started today. I have about 130 lbs to lose. Please feel free to add me and good luck to everone.
  • mrw0915
    mrw0915 Posts: 40 Member
    Hey :)
  • MrsVierkant
    MrsVierkant Posts: 12 Member
    edited October 2017
    I’m just getting the hang of these message boards, so bear with me. :) it was another cold, wet and windy day in Minnesota. Hopefully tomorrow will be better for the trick or treaters. My kids are grown, so now I just hand out candy. Its also my hubby’s bday. :) What are your plans for Halloween?
  • DarbyAntoinette2
    DarbyAntoinette2 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I’m 32 from St. Louis and I’m trying to lose 40 pounds