The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• N0easyway0ut
    N0easyway0ut Posts: 193 Member
    35 from UK originally but now living and working in Dubai! Checking in!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I think in South Africa we are lucky. Halloween is a novelty that most people don't do, so no temptation there. Thanksgiving is also non-existent. The only food related day we have that no one else does is National Braai Day. I can't remember what the actual day is, possibly heritage day? I don't know. But we don't really need an excuse to braai - heck, every weekend is braai day
  • Versicolour
    Hello to all the new people! Welcome
  • AmandaChiang777
    AmandaChiang777 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi. 36 here. Feel free to add me.
  • lostinjersey
    lostinjersey Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. I’m 46 and have been on and off MFP for at least 10 years. I’m at my highest non-pregnant weight now (195) after losing 30 pounds last year. That weight loss was stress related and not healthy, but I really want it back! I’m committed to doing it right and sticking to it, and am joining the community in hopes of finding others who will keep me accountable. Feel free to add me and I will do the same for you!
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Happy Halloween Ya'll!
  • Rainqueen77
    Rainqueen77 Posts: 116 Member
    Happy Halloween! I'm not buying candy, not handing out candy. Think I'm going to be hiding at the gym because I won't even be able to walk the neighborhood like I usually do in the evening. Good luck to you all! Stay strong.
  • karijo475
    karijo475 Posts: 88 Member
    I think in South Africa we are lucky. Halloween is a novelty that most people don't do, so no temptation there. Thanksgiving is also non-existent. The only food related day we have that no one else does is National Braai Day. I can't remember what the actual day is, possibly heritage day? I don't know. But we don't really need an excuse to braai - heck, every weekend is braai day

Nice that you don't have those extra holidays that are revolved around food!!!
  • karijo475
    Happy Halloween! I'm not buying candy, not handing out candy. Think I'm going to be hiding at the gym because I won't even be able to walk the neighborhood like I usually do in the evening. Good luck to you all! Stay strong.

Good idea!! I have an 11 year old that is itching to go trick or treating as I type. LOL
  • karijo475
    Hi. I’m 46 and have been on and off MFP for at least 10 years. I’m at my highest non-pregnant weight now (195) after losing 30 pounds last year. That weight loss was stress related and not healthy, but I really want it back! I’m committed to doing it right and sticking to it, and am joining the community in hopes of finding others who will keep me accountable. Feel free to add me and I will do the same for you!

Welcome!! Good job losing 30#! That's awesome!! We are about the same weight now. Sadly this isn't my highest weight. But it's not going to be my lowest either!! Good luck!!
  • karijo475
    Happy Halloween everyone! Stay strong and stay away from the candy!!

Welcome to @Amandachaing777 @N0easyway0ut @DarbyAntoinette2 @MrsVierkant @mandapanda4181 @Dropfor40

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    amrinaara wrote: »
    Hi

@amrinaara Did you want to say something? Are you somewhere in the relevant age group for this thread?
  • mandapanda4181
    mandapanda4181 Posts: 7 Member
    I understand the stress eating. I'm in that boat now but it's time to take control, it can be done. Great job on losing 30 pounds. Your definitely determined. I hope I can get there too. I just started my journey. I have a long way to go. I have to lose 130 pounds. Take Care.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    karijo475 wrote: »
    Happy Halloween everyone! Stay strong and stay away from the candy!!

Welcome to @Amandachaing777 @N0easyway0ut @DarbyAntoinette2 @MrsVierkant @mandapanda4181 @Dropfor40

I don't do Halloween, but enjoy yourself whoever is.
  • randyh931
    randyh931 Posts: 4 Member
    37 here. Add me!
  • Versicolour
    Well done to everyone for surviving! I'm assuming Halloween is practically over
  • Blue_eyes_jojo
    Blue_eyes_jojo Posts: 57 Member
    Hi motivation needed,to lose those last few pounds
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Well done to everyone for surviving! I'm assuming Halloween is practically over

Halloween is over and my body is in detox mode today trying to rid itself of the sugar overload from eating waayy too much chocolate. :p
  • curiousgp
    curiousgp Posts: 122 Member
    43 and need new motivators
  • mrw0915
    mrw0915 Posts: 40 Member
    Hello everyone. Experienced longtimer that was shelved for a while simply restarting. Though I am rather new to MFP, I am liking it so far.