Ketogenic diet? SHARE..

APMFX
APMFX Posts: 6 Member
Have you tried it? Do you know what it is? Gain muscle loose fat? Share your experience...

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Totally. I cry every time I see iced cream. Friends say I walk around with a far off look in my eyes, muttering "it's not fair." Yay keto!
  • Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    I'm starting it on Sunday. I will be purging my home of all the crap I know has been weighing me down-- literally. I have been researching and planning for about 2 weeks. I really want to be successful this time around. Anyone who's thinking of doing this and is on Facebook; they've got a lot of new keto/low carb pages/groups. I'm on enough of them to give me ideas, inspiration, advice, and support. Wish me luck!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Texas here
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    805. HMU.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Keep Eating The Oats.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    My serious answer, I did it for a few months. Saw some results. I felt great once I was in the zone. I could not stand the keto breath. It was hard to maintain while running a full household and working 2 jobs with insane hours. I really had to plan and follow through.

With that said, I really have to plan and follow through with whatever "diet" I decide to do. I have great results when just counting calories, trying to make whole nutrient rich food choice vs empty calorie choices and I feel great when I am nourishing myself correctly no matter what plan I am following.

Try it, see if there's a difference compared to what you have been doing. It all comes down to calories in vs. calories out for me. Yes, I feel better when those calories come from nutrient dense foods vs. chips, cookies, candy etc. Whatever you chose it has to be a lifestyle you can stick with for life.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    edited November 2017
    Yes I started it for some digestive issues I had, the weight loss was an added bonus. I go back and forth between keto and low carb; I started July 10.
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Did it for 4 months strict and lost 30 pounds
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    a0otb7xnt7ha.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    km8907 wrote: »
    I prefer tight fat.

fat is actually much preferable to muscle.

have you ever pulled a muscle? Hurts, right?

Ever pull some fat?

• kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Keto rocks for appetite control. Some people respond well to it from the get go and don't even get keto flu. Others feel like they got hit by a truck and also feel depressed and it goes on that way for months so they quit (and I don't blame them). I'm one of those who responds very very well to keto and it makes intermittent fasting much easier to endure.
    This has been my experience too - works well for me and didn't get keto flu or bad breath. I went off it for a few weeks and the results were interesting, I'll be back on it from next week.
  • APMFX
    So yesterday when i checked my weight lost a lot :'( i increased my activity since oct when i posted about keto gym cardio some yoga stretching, but seriously have been eating lower calories thata why lost a lot 3kgs but i am leaner my skin is tighter update am a slowmetabolism guy so it works for now will see long run, one thing though i felt dizzy some days not while working out but sitting down and just standing kind of funny
  • APMFX
    kimothy38 wrote: »
    Keto rocks for appetite control. Some people respond well to it from the get go and don't even get keto flu. Others feel like they got hit by a truck and also feel depressed and it goes on that way for months so they quit (and I don't blame them). I'm one of those who responds very very well to keto and it makes intermittent fasting much easier to endure.
    This has been my experience too - works well for me and didn't get keto flu or bad breath. I went off it for a few weeks and the results were interesting, I'll be back on it from next week.

Yeah, no flu at all for me either. And keto gives me the best, most restful and restorative sleep I've ever had in my life. It's unbelievable. It would be worth the keto inconvenience for that alone. I've been resisting keto the whole time I've been at MFP but now that I've found my niche with it, I'm sold.

Are slowmetabolism?
  • Renaissance_Turtle
    Renaissance_Turtle Posts: 960 Member
    APMFX wrote: »
    So yesterday when i checked my weight lost a lot :'( i increased my activity since oct when i posted about keto gym cardio some yoga stretching, but seriously have been eating lower calories thata why lost a lot 3kgs but i am leaner my skin is tighter update am a slowmetabolism guy so it works for now will see long run, one thing though i felt dizzy some days not while working out but sitting down and just standing kind of funny
    The dizziness it most likely from needing more electrolytes. I take magnesium & potassium every day & I drink about an ounce of pickle juice every day to keep up my electrolytes. Keto has a tendency to cause the body to flush higher levels of electrolytes out of your system.
  • APMFX
    Thanks for the tips will try bosting my electrolytes up..