Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Oh, I have to look for that angel hair cabbage. The texture of that must be amazing.
  • anewell28
    anewell28 Posts: 79 Member
    Used Pasta Zero for spaghetti last night! Added some low calorie pasta sauce, canned chunk chicken, sautéed onion and garlic and it was so good! Very filling and around 500 cals for a huge bowl of noodles.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I buy bagged, shredded cabbage quite often. It's great for bulk. I use it generously in fried rice. I'll have to look for the angel hair style. I've been hitting the spaghetti squash pretty hard. Pasta bums me out, but I do find a big bowl of sketti squash and a few meatballs and sauce does the trick and you get to eat so much!
  • azironasun
    azironasun Posts: 137 Member
    JLatham325 wrote: »
    tg2ge1tlvyg1.png

I've been adding like a half bag of thinly shredded cabbage into most meals and it fills me up for so little calories and keeps me full! I add it to stirfrys, salads, etc. Love it!

I buy this along with their bag salads.
    2/3 bag of salad, big handful of shredded cabbage, some protein, low calorie salad dressing and I have a big salad that is not only low in calories but keeps me full for many hours.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    What are your daily macros?
  • maisiba
    maisiba Posts: 66 Member
    I've become a big fan of all kind of cabbage during my weight loss journey. I never disliked it before but now I can't get enough of cabbage. Not only the "normal" white cabbage but I've started experimenting and cooking with other kinds which I was indifferent about before (Brussels sprouts and savoy cabbage eg) and got to like them much more. As a matter of fact I can't get enough of them roasted. I also tried some which I never cooked before like Pak Choi; I want to try Spitzkohl next (sorry, couldn't find an English word for it - it's similar to white cabbage though) since it seems to be in season right now. And I use napa cabbage for my salads now regularly (I prefer that one as salad instead of cooking as vegetable). Not to forget: sauerkraut which I like a lot too. Funny enough, the one I used to eat the most before I started losing weight - red cabbage - I eat the least now. Not because I dislike it at all but it has the most calories and sugar if you buy it pre-cooked. I'll have to start trying to cook it from ground up myself, so I can replace all the sugar they add with a substitute.

To me, cabbage is a great and filling volume food which I add to a lot of my stirfrys and stews in particular and I love all the fiber I'm getting with it as well. I love angel hair cabbage too; I use it more in salads and side veggies vs main dishes though (I shred it myself though; I'm not even sure you can buy that way it in a bag here).

The only downside with cabbage is that is has quite an effect on my weight. It shows up the next day and sticks around for a while but since I know it's not fat but "fake weight" I've learned to ignore it.

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I got broccoli slaw last week and power slaw this week. Both are good cold in a salad or heated up in place of a starch.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member

I was just going to add a recipe for broccoli slaw. Well, anything really, but I especially love it on broccoli slaw. If you keep around those frozen pop cubes, this is really easy to throw together and is enough for a couple lbs of food. I water sauté, but you could add oil.

Thai peanut basil sauce:

T soy sauce
    Two frozen cubes of basil
    One frozen cube ginger
    One frozen cube garlic
    One frozen cube cilantro
    Dash sugar to taste
    One tsp - one T peanut butter
    Red pepper flakes to taste
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Fellow volume eaters!!
    I am looking for a high volume dessert recipe. I save most of my calories for night/after dinner and love to feel full before bed. I usually make 2-3 batches of the protein ice cream and that gets the job done. However, with the colder weather coming, I'm just too cold to eat that much ice cream, but need something to replace it! I prefer sweet stuff over savory..so any sweet, low calorie/high volume snacks at room temperature (or warmer) would be much appreciated!! Thanks in advance!
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Fellow volume eaters!!
    I am looking for a high volume dessert recipe. I save most of my calories for night/after dinner and love to feel full before bed. I usually make 2-3 batches of the protein ice cream and that gets the job done. However, with the colder weather coming, I'm just too cold to eat that much ice cream, but need something to replace it! I prefer sweet stuff over savory..so any sweet, low calorie/high volume snacks at room temperature (or warmer) would be much appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

I'm in the same boat.. I live in Colorado and its already really cold here. I know I have to give up my daily protein ice cream x2 per day and its just no fair! I'm still eating it but suffering the consequences of being freezing cold afterwords :#

I definitely need ideas too!

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    @kelly_c_77 have you tried the non ice-cream version, just fluff at room temperature? Def needs the xanthin gum to get big. I’m not a fan personally, but it’s filling and sweet.
  • kelly_c_77
    For some reason, popcorn doesn't fill me up the way the ice cream does. I've never made meringues before, but that might work! And while buffalo cauliflower is delicious, it won't help the sweet tooth. :(
    I've never had warm pudding, but chocolate pudding sounds good. I could just make big batches of it. Not sure how it does filling me up.
    I made fluff once, but it was before I bought xanthan gum and it didn't get big and fluffy. Maybe I'll try that tonight with the xanthan gum!! I might also just eat massive amounts of applesauce until i come up with something that works.
    Thanks for all the suggestions..keep them coming! :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    For some reason, popcorn doesn't fill me up the way the ice cream does. I've never made meringues before, but that might work! And while buffalo cauliflower is delicious, it won't help the sweet tooth. :(
    I've never had warm pudding, but chocolate pudding sounds good. I could just make big batches of it. Not sure how it does filling me up.
    I made fluff once, but it was before I bought xanthan gum and it didn't get big and fluffy. Maybe I'll try that tonight with the xanthan gum!! I might also just eat massive amounts of applesauce until i come up with something that works.

I've been taking greek yogurt & mixing in some sugar free jello. It turns into a thick protein frosting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-63YXNJRjY8
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    ^ I've made that before and it will definitely kill a sweet tooth craving, and super easy.

• kelly_c_77

I've been taking greek yogurt & mixing in some sugar free jello. It turns into a thick protein frosting.

I already eat 2 cups of Greek yogurt at breakfast and another 2 cups later in the day for snack. :#