! - The OMAD Adaption Pains Thread - !

Replies

• lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    I know this is the hunger pain thread, but I just finished 2 weeks. I am just amazed at how quickly the weight falls off with this eating one time a day. Literally 10 lbs in two weeks. I generally snack all day long, so that's all out. This is fun, but how long is this diet really sustainable? I plan on doing it through the holidays, so avoid the snacking. Does anyone else get super tired after their one meal?
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I think this is, hands down, the most sustainable way of eating I have ever been on. I've been doing it for 5 months (which I know isn't long in the grand scheme of things) and have not once thought that I didn't want to do it any more. This is totally different to all the other weight reducing strategies I've ever tried.

I truly see myself doing this for the rest of my life. It's just so easy and so flexible and it fits into my life, it fits in with all the travelling I do, both for work and vacations - I love it. I think I really like the simplicity of it - there's nothing to overthink - it's just "I don't eat until dinner time", that's it, done!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I sometimes get tired after my meal, but not excessively so. It's usually pretty close to bed time anyway, so it works!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    lbride wrote: »
    I know this is the hunger pain thread, but I just finished 2 weeks. I am just amazed at how quickly the weight falls off with this eating one time a day. Literally 10 lbs in two weeks. I generally snack all day long, so that's all out. This is fun, but how long is this diet really sustainable? I plan on doing it through the holidays, so avoid the snacking. Does anyone else get super tired after their one meal?

I used to get very tired after my one meal. I think the body just wanted to digest. I just had to make sure I didn't fall asleep tell bed time but I sure did sleep better than I did before fasting.
  • blambo61
    lbride wrote: »
    I find it easier to just eat between lunch and 2 pm or so, and then deal with hunger in the evening Too hard to work on an empty stomach

Drinking lots of water helps. Also a little spoon of coconut oil can work wonders. It will not set you off eating like having a little snack of about anything else will. That has been my experience.
  • romaimemaine2001
    romaimemaine2001 Posts: 13 Member
    I've attempted to eat OMAD a couple of times now but I believe my failure to commit has something to do with me caring too much for others and not taking care of myself. So I've taken the necessary steps to remove toxic people out of my life and now I'm in a better place so I can focus on getting myself healthy. I really struggle with not eating at night so the first night was hard but I kept telling myself just make it through this night and it will get easier. So I made it the first night but now I'm on the third day and it's even harder than the first night but I will keep pressing through. It's almost my meal time and I owe it to myself to keep pushing through the difficult times.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    I've attempted to eat OMAD a couple of times now but I believe my failure to commit has something to do with me caring too much for others and not taking care of myself. So I've taken the necessary steps to remove toxic people out of my life and now I'm in a better place so I can focus on getting myself healthy. I really struggle with not eating at night so the first night was hard but I kept telling myself just make it through this night and it will get easier. So I made it the first night but now I'm on the third day and it's even harder than the first night but I will keep pressing through. It's almost my meal time and I owe it to myself to keep pushing through the difficult times.

You do what's right for you. And it is YOU that you must look out for. It's good when things are hard since only then can you know that real results will follow.
  • blambo61

Most good things are hard like Joe said. Do you eat at noon? Would evening meals be better?
  • romaimemaine2001
    romaimemaine2001 Posts: 13 Member
    I eat at 2 pm because the last few times I tried OMAD I ate in the evening and I found that because I was so hungry I lost all control.
  • tlester3672
    tlester3672 Posts: 1 Member
    Day 3, Thinking about eating my hand!!!!
  • blambo61
    I eat at 2 pm because the last few times I tried OMAD I ate in the evening and I found that because I was so hungry I lost all control.

Fill up on good stuff tell full and then have a little bit of desert. I think that isn't a bad way to go. You can get pretty full on a large salad before you eat other stuff.
  • blambo61
    Day 3, Thinking about eating my hand!!!!

Drink lots of water. Get you protein in. I think those are the two most important things.
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    This may be slightly off-topic for the thread, as it doesn't deal directly with hunger, but it is definitely a struggle for me at present:

So tomorrow will be day 6 for me on OMAD and I have had little to no issues up till now. I have a 2 day training session with my co-workers and it will be catered. I am nervous about all of the hypothetical questions I will get if I don't eat lunch when it comes in. I don't feel like justifying this choice to a bunch of people I don't particularly care for. It was tough enough selling it to my family, who still give me a little grief about it. I am stressing about it as I type, which I fear also isn't helpful. Any ideas?
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    You're doing this for yourself, you don't have to justify it to anybody. Put any thoughts about what others are going to think or say right out of your mind. If you just sip on a beverage usually nobody notices or cares that you're not eating.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I agree with Jim, who cares what others think and just do it for yourself :)
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    If someone is persistent you can just say you're intermittent fasting. A lot of people are doing it now....they don't need to know the specifics ( one meal)....just say you're still feeling it out. People have opinions about everything and you found something that works for you...they think they found something that works for them....Live and let live....or...you could just go make a phone call when everyone is eating...good luck and OMAD is worth it if it works well for you :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Another option if you really are concerned about the situation is to eat the catered lunch with your coworkers and make that your meal for the day.
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    I appreciate all of the great feedback. As it stands, fate has stepped in and I got 2 emergency proposals to review that must go out today. I am typing this and reviewing the specs while the group is in the other room eating now.

I thought about making lunch my meal for the next couple of days, but I really enjoy eating dinner with my family. My new extreme way of eating (in their view) has become a good talking point at the table. They have started to become curious about macros and the different IF protocols very recently. I hope to be a good example for them, and maybe get my wife on board so we can take this journey together.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to sip water till tonight. Thanks agian for the thoughtful responses.^^
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    I am happy that things worked out for you. :)
  • litla_dilja
    litla_dilja Posts: 11 Member
    I sometimes feel a little lightheaded after a meal, what can that be ?