La Croix Water

Yay or Nay?? Sometimes I get tired of drinking plain water all the time but I don’t want to pick back up soda. Anyone have any reviews on La Croix?

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Tastes good. I like peach-pear currently.
  • Nikitazilla
    Nikitazilla Posts: 69 Member
    Yuck to the mango.
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Yuck to the mango.

+1
    The mango was mad gross, which is weird because I love the fruit. I'm low-key addicted to the grapefruit flavor.
    Lacroix is life. :D
  • rebben23
    rebben23 Posts: 24 Member
    Blackberry cucumber! Although I'm also really enjoying Dasani's Blood Orange and White Peach sparkling waters, too -- definitely worth a try!
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Not my thing, personally. Maybe I just haven't tried a flavor I like. I have some friends for whom that's all they drink.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    I like Spindrift waters - they have real fruit and are only a couple of calories. From their website: "..no chemicals. No preservatives. Nothing artificial. As few ingredients as possible. All real fruit. Yup, that’s it."

They make great appetite suppressants when you are a hour or so from dinner and need something to fill you up.

https://spindriftfresh.com/
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    rebben23 wrote: »
    Blackberry cucumber! Although I'm also really enjoying Dasani's Blood Orange and White Peach sparkling waters, too -- definitely worth a try!

Blood orange sounds delicious, where'd you find it? I've never seen it in my store.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Never tried it, but I do enjoy most sugar-free carbonated drinks! I've been drinking Diet Coke for so long I don't remember what the regular stuff tastes like, haha.
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    La Croix is my jam. Go for it. You won't be disappointed.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I keep trying to like it. My husband loves it (especially lime flavor) so we have it at home and my employer provides it, so it's free here at work (various flavors). But, for some reason I can't get used to the "dry" taste of it. I don't know how to explain it. But most people seem to like it, so if you do, drink away!
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Here in texas we have flavors tailored to a latino market, which is awesome. The lime-cherry is fantastic.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    I add Stevia sweetener to it and my favorite flavors are Lemonade and Lime.
  • StatsGuy99
    StatsGuy99 Posts: 35 Member
    I love La Croix. It's more pleasant to drink than plain water, but has 0 calories. I like it a lot more than diet soda, as I'm not a fan of artificial sweeteners. That said, some people I know can't stand it. If you do, though, drink up!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    I like it,they had a coconut one this summer and it was yum
  • davidylin
    davidylin Posts: 228 Member
    I've enjoyed La Croix whenever I get one, but this was a trendy item for me. I liked it enough for the first box I purchased, but I haven't bothered buying another box of cans since. I'll sometimes grab a single when I just don't feel like drinking just water.
  • Calichusetts
    Calichusetts Posts: 100 Member
    Trendy and expensive. My local stop and shop brand gets the job done for 1/4 the price. But I do love carbonated water now, way more than "regular" water.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Coconut is delicious. Great for mixing low calorie drinks!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited November 2017
    I always think it's funny that people think it's trendy (as a couple people said upthread), since it's been around here forever.

Even found an article about that: https://www.vox.com/2016/6/20/11666314/lacroix-sparkling-water-seltzer

"In the 1990s, LaCroix was the favorite drink of Midwestern moms. How did it get so cool?"

For those who don't know (and find this kind of thing interesting), LaCroix was originally made by G. Heileman, the former brewer responsible for, yes, Old Style, among other terrible beers. The name comes from a combination of the city of La Crosse (where G Heileman was located) and the St. Croix River.