Tracey's OMAD Journey

Replies

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Today's Meal.

4j6t3xxcp666.jpg

I almost sabotaged myself today by getting an Auntie Annie's sweet almond pretzel. I went in and left back out. I don't think I would have even thought about it if I hadn't weighed this morning.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited October 2017
    Today's Meal.

4j6t3xxcp666.jpg

I almost sabotaged myself today by getting an Auntie Annie's sweet almond pretzel. I went in and left back out. I don't think I would have even thought about it if I hadn't weighed this morning.

Yum and way to be strong and walk back out :)
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Killer instincts Trace.......love em. Gorgeous meal again btw!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    On your Sat/Sunday or maybe one of them, you might consider making earlier meals low carb. I found out that when I tried to maintain and allowed anything goes during lunches, that I would gain and I did (10-lbs twice). Pay attention to your weight during maintenance so if you need to make any adjustments you can. It really stinks having to lose the same weight over again. Also if you need to, you could make Sat or Sun or even both a 16:8 day but o!nly if you need it. Good luck! There are a million combinations you could do, just watch it so you make sure it is working for you!

• tlblanksfit
    I plan to keep a close eye on my weight during maintenance so that any adjustments can be made before things go too far. I think I will be doing a 16:8 on the weekends or at least waiting as late in the day to eat as I can. I also like your idea Bob of keeping the daytime eating low carb and will most likely incorporate that into my plan as well. I like the vast number of options that we have with OMAD and IF to make maintenance work. I will definitely tweak my maintenance if needed.
  • tlblanksfit
    Today I ended up eating two meals and a snack within a 4 hour period. All the food I ate today ended up being 1902 calories according to MFP which was way too much for weight loss. Below is a picture of my first meal eaten at around 5:00pm

3iejbx9x1ryi.jpg

My second meal eaten two hours later at around 7:00 was a salad, 4 wing drummies, and a big slice of sweet potato pie (no picture) and about an hour later I had a serving of BBQ pork skins
  • blambo61
    Today I ended up eating two meals and a snack within a 4 hour period. All the food I ate today ended up being 1902 calories according to MFP which was way too much for weight loss. Below is a picture of my first meal eaten at around 5:00pm

3iejbx9x1ryi.jpg

My second meal eaten two hours later at around 7:00 was a salad, 4 wing drummies, and a big slice of sweet potato pie (no picture) and about an hour later I had a serving of BBQ pork skins

Tracy, are you incorporating exercise in also? If so, you may be able to eat 1900 or more cals and not have a problem with it!
  • tlblanksfit
    Yesterday I completely stuffed myself. Had a huge plate of food almost a bit of everything on the menu (Turkey and gravy, ham, flounder, salmon, dressing with cranberry sauce, green beans, rice medley, salad, roasted baby potatoes) and desserts galore (punch bowl cake, turtle cheesecake, marble cake). Since I was at a function, I couldn't take a picture of my meal, but it was a lot of food.

If I would have weighed this morning and it was up, I couldn't say I would be surprised as I believe I ate enough to gain a real pound. I was joking with my family that I ate enough food for 3 days and was glad my dress I had on was a bit big because I filled it in with all the food I ate. Now the weekend is gone and today is a new day and I am ready to move the scales in the downward direction. I was thinking I would take a break from eating today and do a water fast, but I will see how it goes.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Oh yummy it sounds like thanksgiving dinner :) I found that if I eat really low carb after my splurge days I will lose a lot of water weight!!!
  • tlblanksfit
    That is the plan for the next few days.

My sister cooked all of the food and anytime she gets the opportunity to fix thanksgiving type food, she goes for it and we all enjoy eating it.
  • tlblanksfit
    Today's meal

pxnic6wvkya9.jpg
    Salad and Spicy baked chicken
  • mittenswillet
    that looks soooooooo good!!!
  • tlblanksfit
    edited November 2017
    Last night's meal

12pmbbe4f5gw.jpg
    Pizza chicken and salad

I have to admit, this week was a real struggle for me and I ended up gaining nearly 3 pounds (this morning I weighed in at 154.5 up from last Friday's 151.7). This is the last week of my weight loss journey and I have to get back to OMAD each day of this week in order to lose any weight this final week.

I am so ready to get into maintenance because gaining and losing the same pounds repeatedly is no longer for me. I am no longer going to fight with my body to get it where I want it to be. I see that it is content with a certain range so I am just going to do what I need to do to keep it there.
  • blambo61
    edited November 2017
    What is your maintenance routine going to be again?

I did maintenance for over a year and then decided to lose again. Taking a break is ok IMO as long as we truly maintain or are close to it. We can come back later if we want to.
  • mittenswillet
    good for you
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Don't sweat it Tracey. The journey doesn't end. The body doest know or care about any timetable that we might set. It's good to have goals but the most important thing in my opinion is to never capitulate and go back to the old ways. I speak from experience having kept my head in the sand for years.
    You've got this and will succeed.
  • tlblanksfit
    I think I have come to that conclusion Jim, the body is going to lose/maintain how it wants to. It is just my job to eat healthily and be active and the body will take it from there. I definitely have no plans on going back to my old ways and know that it will take just as much or maybe more dedication/commitment in maintenance as it did in weight loss mode. I am in a good place now and am happy with my weight and I plan on never going back to being overweight again which means staying below 160 pounds.

My maintenance plan starting out is going to be the bear maintenance plan 4 days OMAD (Mon-Thurs), 3 days feast (Fri-Sun).
  • tlblanksfit
    edited November 2017
    Today's meal.

wl4jd0r0p9bp.jpg

• tlblanksfit
    edited November 2017
    Tonight's Meal.

c0d2a1zz1e3y.jpg

Last Night's Meal
    uclfgfolwo9i.jpg

Sunday's Meal
    ag1c2zd5yb3m.jpg

• tlblanksfit
    Today's meal. 1,380 calories according to MFP

5fkz2ktiqorx.jpg

BBQ chicken thighs, Maple Bacon Brussels Nourish Bowl, Crab and Veggie Soup, Keto Brownie with Breyers vanilla ice cream snack cup.