La Croix Water

Replies

• maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    It is the only drink I like really cold. Most everything else I like just a little more towards room temperature, but carbonated water tastes horrible if it is really really cold. At least to me.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I think it tastes horrible. Honestly I like the store brand at my King Soopers / Kroger way better. Walmart has a good store brand too. The store brands have more fruit flavor and less seltzer flavor.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited November 2017
    I drink flavored, unsweetened, carbonated water all the time and have since long before LaCroix became a "thing." I don't tend to drink LaCroix terribly often because it tends to be more expensive than other brands. You can basically buy this stuff based on flavor and price. I like some flavors but not others and that's true for all the brands I've had. I particularly like the wide variety of flavors from Polar which is about the middle of the price range but that doesn't mean I don't buy the store brand one occasion, especially when it hits 50-cents a bottle!

Among the brands I've tried: Aldi's, Trader Joe's, Syfo, Polar, Deer Park, LaCroix, Vintage ... They're all perfectly function adequate.
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    It is the only drink I like really cold. Most everything else I like just a little more towards room temperature, but carbonated water tastes horrible if it is really really cold. At least to me.

Tried to drink room temp Lacroix once, never again lol
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    edited November 2017
    I like the Target brand, tastes as good as LaCroix and is about $2 cheaper. I also like the Aquafina Dragonfruit flavor. I sometimes just buy plain seltzer and add a tablespoon of cherry or pomegranate juice. It's not zero calorie, but the flavor is good.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    newwed412 wrote: »
    Yay or Nay?? Sometimes I get tired of drinking plain water all the time but I don’t want to pick back up soda. Anyone have any reviews on La Croix?

It's just water...with bubbles...it isn't soda...not sure what the issue is here.
  • Anon2018
    Anon2018 Posts: 139 Member
    edited November 2017
    I love it because it's not too sweet! Its the only thing I drink besides water and black coffee. I HATE sweet drinks, they make me sick just thinking about it. They also have free la croix at my office which is great. I probably have a can once a month when I'm in the mood
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Lemon, lime and grapefruit are awesome. The other flavors I've tried, not so much. I can't even stomach a regular soda anymore. Way way too sweet.
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    edited November 2017
    You either like it or you don't, I don't think there's really an in between. I love it! My favorite flavors are the peach pear, cran-raspberry, and berry! My least favorite are coconut and the plain one. And if you have an Aldi buy you they often times have cases of it for a little bit cheaper!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    I keep trying to like it. My husband loves it (especially lime flavor) so we have it at home and my employer provides it, so it's free here at work (various flavors). But, for some reason I can't get used to the "dry" taste of it. I don't know how to explain it. But most people seem to like it, so if you do, drink away!

I know what you mean. I don't even find it thirst-quenching and I struggle to drink much of it, although I don't actually dislike it. I will stick with Coke Zero.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 789 Member
    Topo-Chico!
  • AnderMama88
    AnderMama88 Posts: 49 Member
    Love it! I just found key lime flavor at Target. You wouldn't think it would be much different than the original lime, but oh my god, it is so good!
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    I think it's absolutely disgusting, but I seem to be in the minority. To me, it tastes like what I'd imagine pop with absolutely no flavor to taste like. People at my work are obsessed with it.
  • brooke88z
    brooke88z Posts: 23 Member
    I enjoy orange LaCroix. If you're willing to pay more, strawberry Perrier is very nice.
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    I really love it. Totally on team pamplemousse!
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Not a fan. TBH, I've only tried the blackberry/cucumber flavor. I love both foods, so I thought it would be a good one to try! Nope. I managed to drink most of it, but it's not something I'll reach for next time I'm thirsty. Water is good enough for me. I can infuse cucumber if I want to. I've also bought other flavors, but after that first one, I don't even want to try the others. Now I don't know what to do with them. I've also got pineapple/strawberry and cranberry/raspberry flavors. My son tried the pineapple/strawberry one and hated it.
  • celiah909
    celiah909 Posts: 141 Member
    I like the grapefruit and the lime. I really disliked the orange.
    At work I use our soda machine and get plain soda water and add a splash of lemonade- it’s seriously the best but I can’t recreate it at home
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I always think it's funny that people think it's trendy (as a couple people said upthread), since it's been around here forever.

Even found an article about that: https://www.vox.com/2016/6/20/11666314/lacroix-sparkling-water-seltzer

"In the 1990s, LaCroix was the favorite drink of Midwestern moms. How did it get so cool?"

For those who don't know (and find this kind of thing interesting), LaCroix was originally made by G. Heileman, the former brewer responsible for, yes, Old Style, among other terrible beers. The name comes from a combination of the city of La Crosse (where G Heileman was located) and the St. Croix River.

Since when did Old Style become a terrible beer? That stuff pretty much defined my early twenties. The parts I can remember, anyway.
  • LexiKazoo95
    LexiKazoo95 Posts: 83 Member
    Sparkling Ice is the best! Try it if you haven’t already
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited November 2017
    kxbrown27 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I always think it's funny that people think it's trendy (as a couple people said upthread), since it's been around here forever.

Even found an article about that: https://www.vox.com/2016/6/20/11666314/lacroix-sparkling-water-seltzer

"In the 1990s, LaCroix was the favorite drink of Midwestern moms. How did it get so cool?"

For those who don't know (and find this kind of thing interesting), LaCroix was originally made by G. Heileman, the former brewer responsible for, yes, Old Style, among other terrible beers. The name comes from a combination of the city of La Crosse (where G Heileman was located) and the St. Croix River.

Since when did Old Style become a terrible beer? That stuff pretty much defined my early twenties. The parts I can remember, anyway.

Heh, okay. ;-)

It was very often very cheap, that I'll say for it.