Walk to Mordor

Hey everyone! So, I started using this app called Walk to Mordor and I'm loving it! So far I've walked from Hobbitton to Tookland and am now 12.42 miles away from Encounter with the Black Rider.
With the app you log your miles (or km) and it calculates them into where you would be on the journey that Frodo and Sam took in LOTR. :) The whole journey is 1,932 miles which is gonna be over a year for me. :o
Who wants to travel with me?

Replies

• charlesdjstanley
    charlesdjstanley Posts: 264 Member
    Sounds amazing
  • Hahaha the hobbits do have a unique meal routine. Though some say it is healthy; 7 daily meals. Though, it would have to be 7 small meals. Some say that having smaller meals throughout the day is healthier as it sustains the body better and stabilizes blood sugars.

It is really not any healthier than any other pattern of eating. It has been examined extensively, yet remains one of the big diet myths out there.

Good to know! Thanks. :)
  • sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    I am totally downloading this right now!
  • smal48 wrote: »
    Such a great idea! I've just downloaded it and entered this evening's run. I'm halfway to the Tookland now, having just crossed the river to the west of Hobbiton. This is going to be a very long journey!
    Thanks for sharing the app Faelwyn :)

You're welcome. Feel free to keep us posted in here. Great job! That was quite a run. :D
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Downloaded yestday - I've logged all my 'map my walk' week totals since starting MFP, thought I hadn't done much but it surprised me how far I've got - old man willow!