Joe's Official Weight Maintenance Thread (2017)

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Wow a new low!!! What does your week look like now, eating wise?

I've gone back to strict OMAD with a meal at 7pm. I'll stay between 180 and 190, though.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Where are the updates. Am I missing something?
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Where are the updates. Am I missing something?
    Go to his first post, that's where he puts the monthly update.

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Ooooh OK, I see it now. Thanks! Great job Joe
  • arguablysamson
    Updated for November.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Way to to go Joe! Looks like your in the losing mode.
  • arguablysamson
    edited November 2017
    blambo61 wrote: »

Well, I've gone strict vegan since Oct 13th (no oils or even animal bi-products), so that actually has me moving downward! Not even trying. There is something to that "low fat" business after all!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member

Well, I've gone strict vegan since Oct 13th (no oils or even animal bi-products), so that actually has me moving downward! Not even trying. There is something to that "low fat" business after all!

You're not even trying, that's great!!!
  • blambo61
    edited November 2017
    How do you feel on the vegan diet? Less inflamation? I've never tried that way of eating but I'm interested in it.
  • arguablysamson
    How do you feel on the vegan diet? Less inflamation? I've never tried that way of eating but I'm interested in it.

Yes. It's quite agreeable. I'll go over the specifics at some point.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member

No venison :/
  • blambo61

No venison :/

I love venison and other meats but I do think less red meat is more healthy. If I had a bunch of good recipes for a vegan diet and was used to it, I might give it a go. I don't think I would completely cut out meat though cause I really like it!
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Wow. We have both ends of the spectrum covered, I'm no plants and you're no animals!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    No cheese :/
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I tried going vegan last year and managed to stick to it for about 6 months. I loved everything about it except for the lack of cheese. Now I’m back to being vegan with cheese (aka vegetarian) which I’ve been for at least 20 years. I do think the health benefits to completely cutting out dairy are probably pretty big, but cheese is truly my favorite food... I definitely try to limit my cheese though and only have it a few times a week... Though I actually just ordered a bunch of raw milk Swiss type cheeses from a nearby dairy, so the “few times a week” might be out the window for a while...
  • Jim_fbr
    Everything OK @arguablysamson?
    Haven't seen any updates or videos in awhile.
    Just checking.
  • arguablysamson
    Updated.

Just did a video yesterday. You didn't get the update?
  • Jim_fbr
    I see it now, as of the last time I looked it wasn't there.
    Even if they are less frequent, which is entirely understandable, I hope you still do videos from time to time.
  • arguablysamson
    Oh yes. I plan to.
  • arguablysamson
    My A1C was 5.2 six months ago. Went back for a follow-up Dec. 4th. Came in at 5.0. Just thought I'd go a periodic update with this thread and include the A1C.