Oils for weight loss

I am lost when it comes to oil type. Vegetable, olive, canola, which is best for a weight loss goal. I mainly use oil to cook the odd thing I a frying pan, sometime bake.

I know some oils are best suited for different temperatures of cooking, but strictly speaking health benefits wise, which is best?

Help!

Replies

• Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    whichever you find most satisfying per the amount. Sesame oil is cool bc it has such a strong flavor. I don’t cook w much oil bc I like to have avocados, coconut cream, salad dressing, and nuts.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    All oils have the same calories per gram and have twice the calories per gram as carbs. Measure carefully.

I have canola, olive, and sesame oils in my pantry. My choice depends on the recipe.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I use my silicon brush to oil my pan to reduce how much I am using. I used to have an atomizer but the oil would go rancid before I used it all.
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 264 Member
    edited November 2017
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    amyepdx wrote: »
    Skip the oil ! Our bodies don't need it. For most foods, cooking with water or baking works just as well. Ie. Chicken breast - season and put balsamic vinegar on them - pop in the oven

Where does this stuff come from?

who the hell knows ....

anyways, use what you prefer. just measure it accurately.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I'm often told coconut oil but I have not confirmed it.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    cathipa wrote: »
    amyepdx wrote: »
    Skip the oil ! Our bodies don't need it. For most foods, cooking with water or baking works just as well. Ie. Chicken breast - season and put balsamic vinegar on them - pop in the oven

Where does this stuff come from?

Decades of "fat is bad" movement we now know was not effective for weight loss. Old habits die hard.

Even in the good old Weight Watchers exchange days, there were 3 fat exchanges for oil/butter for nutrition reasons.