Less alcohol - Nov 2017 - one day at a time

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Went out with my friends- had only two glasses of wine. Not bad!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    7 Nov - fail on my part. Crappy day at work. Two glasses of red with dinner afterward.
    8 Nov - JFT - no wine -
  • Crlion43
    Crlion43 Posts: 31 Member
    I'm in. Haven't had any alcohol since Monday. so day three for me today. Need to do this. I'm fat due to too much alcohol
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    I had two glasses of wine last night, but I was able to stop for a long time between work a cup of strong hibiscus tea.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    11/1-2 oz rye whiskey
    11/2-15 oz Pinot Noir
    11/3- nothing
    11/4- too much wine
    11/5-nothing
    11/6-nothing
    11/7- nothing

I think this thread is really helping me to lay off the wine in the evening. I have a bottle of wine in the fridge with only about one glass left , so I thought about finishing it last night, but then I thought about this thread and knew thta I would have to come here and admit defeat, so I just decided to save it for a night when I would enjoy it with my meal. That will likely be tonight, but I am only going to have that one glass!
  • mmccool719
    mmccool719 Posts: 28 Member
    Back in the saddle today. 3 day power outage, drank 3 glasses red wine past 2 nights and I feel like *kitten* for it. Don’t think I have the will power to limit myself to just 1 drink or only on weekends. I need to completely stop. I’ve put on 20 pounds in 3 years due to it and I feel gross. I like reading about others’ struggles to know I’m not alone in this. Thank you.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    @Sunnybrooke99- What do you do for work that has you drinking there? Is it part of your job or just part of the work environment?
  • Sunnybrooke99
    lporter229 wrote: »
    @Sunnybrooke99- What do you do for work that has you drinking there? Is it part of your job or just part of the work environment?

I’m an exotic dancer. We don’t have to drink, but it’s hard not to when customers are offering, and it helps me to relax. Plus, it’s a bar/club, so drinking there feels normal.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    JennyRATL wrote: »
    7 Days in.
    Big deal for me. I honestly don't think I've gone this long without drinking at least one glass of wine in years unless I was sick or hungover.

My regular pattern:
    Hey, I'd like a glass while I cook.
    Well, I have to have one with dinner.
    Now, a glass of wine on the sofa to relax.
    Well, heck, there's only one glass left, may as well have it while I watch this movie.
    Boom. I just drank a bottle of wine on a Tuesday night.

Then the weekends were more of the same, plus.
    My poor liver. And I packed on the pounds.

A week sober, and I haven't noticed any weight loss, but my tummy is much less bloated!

Right there w you. Hugs.
  • AMPCSP
    AMPCSP Posts: 2 Member
    Count me in!
  • naomiday85
    naomiday85 Posts: 38 Member
    I’m in for sure and cutting back on the cigarettes as well
  • katatak17
    katatak17 Posts: 14 Member
    Samsies. I'm day 9 into an alcohol fast. Feel free to add me for support.
  • cheryljanine
    cheryljanine Posts: 20 Member
    I've been weekends only since October 23rd. And way down on the volume as well on the weekends. It seems that food can actually replace those calories as I've hovered at the same weight for a week. The weight loss isn't coming as easily as I thought it would but I will gladly join with you on this challenge.
  • cheryljanine
    cheryljanine Posts: 20 Member
    KareninLux, how are you doing?
  • curiousgp
    curiousgp Posts: 122 Member
    edited November 2017
    7 Days in.
    Big deal for me. I honestly don't think I've gone this long without drinking at least one glass of wine in years unless I was sick or hungover.

My regular pattern:
    Well, heck, there's only one glass left, may as well have it while I watch this movie.

A week sober, and I haven't noticed any weight loss, but my tummy is much less bloated!

Ditto - only gin on a week day and bubbly on a Sunday.
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    edited November 2017
    cmrose23 wrote: »
    @bdbchick I’d love the recipe for that!!!

Sorry @cmrose23 I just saw this! I used just a package of unflavored gelatin, vodka and apple mio, and water as directed (you'll need to boil 1 cup of water then add 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 vodka or more/less depending on how strong you want them). I'm going for an apple pie jello shot basically. I needed to add more apple mio. I plan to put a cinnamon stick in the vodka I use for the ones I'm making for thanksgiving overnight. I'm trying for as low carb/low cal as possible.

On another note I haven't drank in 3 days. I feel so much better today than I did monday (I was hungover).
  • KareninLux
    7 Days in.

My regular pattern:

I am right there with you too! We can do this!!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux, how are you doing?

Ok! Day by day.
    :)