Life’s lessons/rules and helpful hints

Replies

• _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    lyopz399oq86.jpg
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Don’t seek revenge. If someone is wronging you, they are wronging others. Better to move along and enjoy your life, a safe distance from the impending train wreck.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    when she says: Untie Me

she probably means: Untie Me
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    Vodka can be mixed with anything, including more vodka. :noway:

okay that's not a good one. How about...

You need your liver, be good to it.

Vodka and moonshine is a very bad combination unless you are into thorough cleansing
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    TL;DR so this is Life Pro tips?
  • ThisIsNotJosh81
    ThisIsNotJosh81 Posts: 115 Member
    The path to self discovery can be a long scary one. Don’t let that stop you. Because you are special except for when you aren’t. Don’t let the fear of the unknown stop you. Safely live dangerously. It happens more than I like to admit. Say yes, you won’t regret it. Love the unloveable.
  • athena61
    athena61 Posts: 54 Member
    This too shall pass. And from the late great Lynn Bremicker “next year you’ll have a whole new set of problems”
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    uglfohvn24fm.gif
  • Unfairman
    Unfairman Posts: 16 Member
    "Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. On the outside, babies, you've got a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies-"God damn it, you've got to be kind."

- Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Don't trust anyone. Everyone is always willing to give up your secrets.

You tell me this now that I'm letting people climb over my wall. There has to be good people out there right? Right?!!!! :/
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    wd78svas71i2.jpeg

i feel inspired to go make some really bad decisions

good evening!
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Don't trust anyone. Everyone is always willing to give up your secrets.

Sadly true. Most people are out for themselves.
    Key word is "most". Some of us take care of the people we let in.
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    be the experiential consumer.
  • optionsguy88
    optionsguy88 Posts: 325 Member
    "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

I read this as "You'll get missed by 100% of the shots you don't take", which is also true. No one deserves to be treated like a verbal or physical punching bag and when you stop taking that kind of treatment, you stop receiving that kind of treatment
  • Lisa8823168
    Lisa8823168 Posts: 139 Member
    My parents were farmers who went to war in WWII. I am a baby boomer who had children later in life...Not yet a grandma but with a middle school and high school child at home. The lessons taught to me by that disappearing generation of my parents have been so rewarding to my life that I instill them into my children:

You are who you choose to be...responsibility is not an option...nothing in life is free and a work ethic will get you through everything. In today's society that means I teach my children that there are NO ENTITLEMENTS.

They may not seem all cum-bi-ah but neither is life. Living with these principals prepare you for anything, give you the confidence to achieve anything and the peace of mind to enjoy life. It is sort of like math...you cant multiply and divide if you never embrace the fundamentals of adding and subtracting.