They think it's gross...

124»

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    aeloine wrote: »
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    Eggs, jalapeños and jelly. Wrap it up in a pita with some spinach. Yum.

WITH JELLY???? :neutral:

I mean pineapple on pizza adds a sweetness to savory sort of flavor. I can see it being yummy depending on the jelly lol
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I didnt think this was gross but had a friend over and they said what the hell.
    My favorite most basic go to meal. A piece of rye toast with saurkraut and hot pepper on it...with mustard, wasabi and hot sauce...topped with a sunnyside up egg and served with either a can of tuna or salmn made spicy with green onion.

Mainly only posting because i think shes crazy not me....That doesnt sound gross right...? She acted like id shot her when i served it to her.

mahr5m8odx2u.jpg

This is a little gross.

I'd try it, but the mustard, wasabi, and hot sauce are too much for me. Rye + sauerkraut is yum, though!

Miss me with the canned fish.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    bapity88 wrote: »
    I use cottage cheese in lasagna instead of ricotta, and it's AMAZING, so that doesn't seem weird to me.

I do too. My mother never made lasagna. The first time I had homemade lasagna was at a friend's house. They had an Italian housekeeper/cook and she made her lasagna with cottage cheese. She said it was her grandmother's recipe. It was years before I knew ricotta was considered more traditional. I still prefer cottage cheese.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    sarjenki wrote: »
    Oatmeal with cheese melted in. Lots of people tell me sounds gross.

I eat my oatmeal flavored with a BBQ dry-rub spice. People think I'm crazy but I love it.

Neither of those sound gross to me as long as the base oats are prepared with savory intentions in mind.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Peanut butter and Pickle sandwiches
    Carrots dipped in spicy mustard

BTW: I put cottage cheese in/on so many things. I love the stuff.

My dad occasionally eats dill pickle, peanut butter, and onion on rye... :confused:

I've never tried it with onion...I don't know if I would like that.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    zcb94 wrote: »
    sarjenki wrote: »
    Oatmeal with cheese melted in. Lots of people tell me sounds gross.

I eat my oatmeal flavored with a BBQ dry-rub spice. People think I'm crazy but I love it.

Neither of those sound gross to me as long as the base oats are prepared with savory intentions in mind.

Just plain oats. I do not like sweet in the morning.
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Cottage cheese (dry curd) and steel cut oats. Tuna, cottage cheese (dry curd) and steel cut oats.
  • tbonethemighty
    tbonethemighty Posts: 100 Member
    Liver

1. Scrapple

SCRAPPLE. With syrup. Every single one of my East Coast friends gags on the thought. (My West Coast friends don't know what it is.)

There's a very similar thing in Germany called "Rinderwurst" (made with beef instead of pork). I love it with sugar beet molasses (Rübenkraut). Every single one of my German friends gags on the thought.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited November 2017
    I live alone, so I don't know what others think of my food usually. However, I was hiking with a group once and brought a jar of peanut butter and a spoon. Other people hiking with me thought that was odd, but I know I'm not the only one.

Last night, I ate some celery sticks with garlic salt and some with onion salt.

ETA: Someone recently thought it was odd that I put protein powder in coffee. Others have thought similar things about putting butter in coffee. I'm not finding that cinnamon in coffee gets the same reactions, though.
  • keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    I like cottage cheese(cold) and pork n beans(hot) mixed together. Yum
  • thegeans
    thegeans Posts: 42 Member
    This isn't a weird combination, exactly, but there's one Amy's frozen bowl I'm obsessed with (brown rice, black‑eyed peas & veggies) that on two separate occasions family and friends have asked me to please never make around them again as the smell is apparently "nauseating."
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member

Hellooo tomorrow's breakfast!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    I've had people grossed out when I said peanut butter and bacon sandwiches are one of my favorites. The sweetness of the PB plus the savory salty bacon are excellent together.

When I was a kid I loved blood sausage boiled then fried, served with black bread and potatoes. Crusty, spicy goodness.

One of the best things I've ever eaten is whole baby eels (elvers) Basque style, sautéed in garlic butter - a dish I had many years ago but the price of baby eels has risen to something like $1900/lb in the U.S. so that was a once in a lifetime experience.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Last weekend, my dad made himself 4 pieces of bread topped with peanut butter and sliced ham for lunch. I wasn't sure if he was high, or if my sisters and I need to talk about putting him in a home (he's in his 50s :lol: ). He said it's a Navy thing, peanut butter and meat. *shrug*
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I like pumpkin stirred into cottage cheese.

When I used to have one, my trainer thought that was the most gross thing he'd ever heard.
  • demortae
    demortae Posts: 7 Member
    People think it's gross when i have a toasted peanut butter and fried egg sandwich. That warm melty peanut butter though!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Sashimi....IT'S RAW!
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    aeloine wrote: »

WITH JELLY???? :neutral:

Yep! Strawberry is by far the best compliment for that combo. I know, it's weird but I swear it's good. It's salty, sweet, spicy and savory all in one go.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    I read almost every one of these posts and think, That sounds pretty good.

You can buy jalapeño jelly in the grocery store. Really good on those sausage breakfast sandwiches I don't eat anymore.

What's funny about pumpkin and cottage cheese? The only way that wouldn't be great is raw pumpkin.

Ham & peanut butter? Google prosciutto & peanut recipes. Sub a different legume. White beans & ham. Hummus & prosciutto is good but ham is forbidden to a lot of folks who eat hummus regularly. So they eat hummus and spiced lamb instead.

I'd go so far as saying virtually every "gross combination" is an opportunity for something spectacular.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Last weekend, my dad made himself 4 pieces of bread topped with peanut butter and sliced ham for lunch. I wasn't sure if he was high, or if my sisters and I need to talk about putting him in a home (he's in his 50s :lol: ). He said it's a Navy thing, peanut butter and meat. *shrug*

my dad used to spread honey on cheddar cheese . . . kind of get it now, but this was before pizza even came to our lives, much less the ham/pineapple thing. so us kids used to gather just to watch him do it and go eewwwww.