Vegetarian, calories, and protein

I’m needing high protein low calorie meal plans.......I’m on 1050 calorie restriction and sometimes feel satisfied, but most of the time hungry. I am drinking >1500 cc of water, so it’s not that.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    That is a really low calorie goal. How did you come to set that as your goal?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    You're hungry because 1050 calories is really really low. How tall are you?

Good vegetarian sources of protein would be tofu, tempeh, lentils, seitan. Do you eat eggs or dairy? If you do, you can add a decent amount of protein with them as well.
  • BonnieDLG
    BonnieDLG Posts: 30 Member
    I’m 5’5
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited November 2017
    BonnieDLG wrote: »
    I’m 5’5

So where did you get 1050 from?

I'm 5'5" @ 130lbs now and I lost weight eating 1500 cals a day at lightly active.

Re-enter your stats into MFP because it shouldn't give you such a low goal, maybe it was a glitch. Don't choose to lose 2 lbs per week unless you are at least 50 lbs or more from goal. Get a food scale and use it as often as possible so you know you aren't wasting calories. And eat more so you aren't so hungry :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    BonnieDLG wrote: »
    I’m 5’5

I'm shorter than you and I wouldn't ever go as low as 1,050.
  • Ssg25
    Ssg25 Posts: 21 Member
    I'm 5'5 and I was losing way too quick on 1200 calories to the point I was close to underweight and had to up it significantly to 1600. Be careful with such a low calorie goal
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    I'm 5'5" and lost unhealthily fast on 1200 plus exercise calories at 59 years old. If you have to eat 1050 to lose at a healthy rate, I'd recommend you see your doctor, because that's very unusual.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    edited November 2017
    Have a can of mustard greens. Ab 90 calories, 9 G protein, and plenty of fiber to keep you full. Top w soup, marinara, hot sauce, a curry sauce, teriyaki, or bbq sauce.
  • xxharleyquinnxx
    xxharleyquinnxx Posts: 166 Member
    I use protein powder to up my protein intake. You should really increase your calorie goal though like others have recommended because you probably aren't eating enough at all.