Cyclists

Replies

• Wakx
    Wakx Posts: 105 Member
    edited November 2017
    vkhdax25qm0s.jpg

A Dutch Urban bicycle, 6 gear, exported to the SE Asian tropics (Penang). My bike never fails to attract positive attention!

When cycling, one needs to sit upright, face forward and enjoy the view.

And cycle for practical purpose - such as bringing back home veggies from the market. Hence the leek in the saddlebag! ;-)
  • brig220
    brig220 Posts: 52 Member
    @mph323 yes the top tube is shorter than standard, the head tube is taller than on the photo (just got this image from their website) it is actually a bit odd looking but it works. It puts me on a more upright position. I don’t race so I don’t care. I should post a real photo of it.I tried other bikes that were close to my fit, but they were not all that much cheaper so I went for the custom frame. The only downside was the long wait, over 8 weeks... the bike rides smoothly with the steel frame and fork. I’d recommend it for anyone that has problem with fit. You want to go get fitted by a pro who knows these bikes. They also make Gunnar in the same factory. Just a bit different bikes.
  • nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    When you reply,click on 56gkdi18nwf7.png
    and choose your location of the picture
    suzjmac wrote: »
    How do you put photos on this discussion.

• suzjmac
    suzjmac Posts: 14 Member
    nelja wrote: »
    When you reply,click on 56gkdi18nwf7.png
    and choose your location of the picture
    suzjmac wrote: »
    How do you put photos on this discussion.

Strangely I do not have that option to click on.
    Thanks suz
  • nitromaniac
    nitromaniac Posts: 2,479 Member
    besaro wrote: »
    ruthannbike.png Scott, aka Raven. Although I must admit its fun to say I ride Scott.

LOL. Lucky Scott.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    edited November 2017
    I love my Salsa
    s3e11e3oul20.jpg
    Warbird
    oy8f2dh8rbkv.jpg
    Mukluk

• denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Scott Spark

(on the left)
    mrkngyi62wx3.jpg

Dats me!
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    @suzjmac I can only post photos using a desktop, and I don't have the the icons everybody else has. However, I do have hollow squares on top of the text box I type my post in. If I hover my mouse over the squares, I eventually find one that shows a little popup message that says "attach file" and I can attach a file that way. Maybe yours is like mine?
  • nelja
    The bike fit and size does make a huge impact. I had a bike a size too big, and I could not handle it properly. Was all over the road. Now with my smaller size one, i do not have that problem anymore.
    peleroja wrote: »
    Here's my baby, my first ever "real" bike (not from a department store.) It's a Liv Rove 3 Disc and my daily commuter to/from work. I didn't realize having a bike that was actually the right size for me would make such a huge difference, it is unbelievable. I'm still riding it in the snow right now but need to get set up with studded tires since I wiped out twice on slippery unplowed path today...

e758y1mxsqgv.jpg

• nelja
    That sound awesome. Enjoy!.
    This is my brand new baby, a Carrerra Vengeance mountain bike. It is my first bike in almost 10 years :open_mouth: There are miles of bike trails literally behind my house and I was getting envious of seeing all the cyclists from my back bedroom window. I used to cycle 20+ miles on saturdays and sundays and would love to reach that level of fitness again! Today I went for 4.8 miles and I plan to gradually build on that :smile:

• DAGridesagain
    DAGridesagain Posts: 132 Member
    6o0y8r45x4r3.png

Nice climb. A slightly sketchy descent dodging sheep sh1t & cattle in the first 5-10km!
  • suzjmac
    50jvj2v4yywy.jpg
  • suzjmac
    le7gdm30w2h6.jpg
  • nelja
    Which do you prefer? Carbon or Aluminum frame?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    Which do you prefer? Carbon or Aluminum frame?

Steel or titanium for me! :)
  • nelja
    I did not know about titanium. Mine is Aluminum B)
    Machka9 wrote: »

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    I did not know about titanium. Mine is Aluminum B)
    Machka9 wrote: »

I have one aluminum. I used it for racing, and it was all right. I tried to use it for long distance cycling and didn't like it ... too rough. So it's my trainer bicycle ... on my indoor trainer.

The bicycle in the photo I posted a page or two back is titanium.