MFP'ers who make crafty stuff... show us!

toxikon
toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
Calling artists, artisans, crafters, creative folks... Show us your stuff. :)

Replies

• Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    I cross stitch. The second one is the art that the chart is based on.
  • toxikon
    I cross stitch. The second one is the art that the chart is based on.

Holy crap, you must have some crazy patience! I tried cross-stitching some little Pokemon (about 3x3in) and it took foreeever.
  • toxikon
    @CanesGalactica This is right up your alley.

Indeed it is! Thanks!

I float around and do lots of stuff. These are all recent projects. I'm a multi-crafter, too, but an illustrator by trade.

Those quilts are stunning, wow!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    edited February 2018
    I do lots but also can't post pics from my phone. I make aromatherapy products, cakes and cake toppers, sewing, knitting, cross stitching, crocheting, and craft of all kinds. Jack of all trades. My photography skills however leave much to be desired. [edited by mods]
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    I do love me some knitted quilts. I sew but I don't have time/patience to knit.

I paint, draw and write. Otherwise, I'm just a philosophical flower gardener.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    @CanesGalactica did you know there is a volunteer program that knits red hats for newborns? I will see if I can find the link. I can't remember what the project is off the top of my head but when I saw it on the news I immediately thought of you.

Found it!

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Affiliate/Little-Hats-Big-Hearts_UCM_487734_SubHomePage.jsp

Looks like a worthy cause!

I did not know about this one, but was aware of others. Some knit for newborns. My grandmother used to knit for older folks who needed lap blankets, I've knit for the SPCA and others I know knit for children with cancer. Lots of worthy causes and a pretty awesome way to use up bits of yarn to make some pretty colorful (and still nice) things for others in need. :)
    toxikon wrote: »
    @CanesGalactica This is right up your alley.

Indeed it is! Thanks!

I float around and do lots of stuff. These are all recent projects. I'm a multi-crafter, too, but an illustrator by trade.

Those quilts are stunning, wow!

Thanks. They're super easy, too. Also, I see Bill Cipher in your avatar, lol. Good show.

Dug up some older stuff to keep the thread kinda going since I love seeing what other things people make that I can't. The very first Halloween costume I sewed for my son. He was Finn and I was Fionna. :)

86lk1py6yglh.jpg
  • toxikon
    Thanks. They're super easy, too. Also, I see Bill Cipher in your avatar, lol. Good show.

Dug up some older stuff to keep the thread kinda going since I love seeing what other things people make that I can't. The very first Halloween costume I sewed for my son. He was Finn and I was Fionna. :)

Yeah I'm a fan of Gravity Falls! I went as Bill Cipher last Halloween, lol.

up7uhwzafeuj.jpg

Did you make the Jake too? It's so good!

• KosmosKitten

Yeah I'm a fan of Gravity Falls! I went as Bill Cipher last Halloween, lol.

up7uhwzafeuj.jpg

Did you make the Jake too? It's so good!

Lol, that's awesome.

And yeah, I made Jake, Cake, the hats, the skirt (for Fionna) and Finn's backpack for the costume. :)
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Cool costumes! This year we made the head for my son's costume out of paper mache:

ixck5hoqcuap.jpg
  • Versicolour
    I made some cute kids that I don't ignore.

My friend has a fridge magnet that says, "I love giving homemade gifts. Which kid would you like?" I love it! I have a good giggle every time I visit (twice a week)
  • toxikon
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    Cool costumes! This year we made the head for my son's costume out of paper mache:

Great job! Looks just like Sans. :)

• KosmosKitten
    Keeping this going. :)

This is a costume I sewed and did all the prop work for a few years ago. I really need to sew another one of those shirts, lol.

tg6hn634z15s.jpg
    7d9syg2c9ukx.jpg
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    I don't know how to on my phone, but I have some pix on instagram... alycatx that you can see. I sew!

Nice!! I love that Batman pillow.

Thanks, it's my favorite!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    I do tons of DIY and my artsy stuff is multimedia and video. not much to show unless you wanna see my drywall patching form the weekend.

I will be making some pine log Christmas deer though, so i will post them up.
  • Versicolour
    Speziface wrote: »
    z4w7ing6wriu.jpg

I made 'cupcakes'! (Plus all the wooden stuff in the background.)

Awesome! I love it
  • Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I do tons of DIY and my artsy stuff is multimedia and video. not much to show unless you wanna see my drywall patching form the weekend.

I will be making some pine log Christmas deer though, so i will post them up.

Good drywall patching does take some skill.