What is a typical pant size for a woman whose 145 lb?

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    6'0, when I was 145 I was a US 6 or 8, depending on cut.
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    When I was 155 I was in an 8 of my fav jeans. I am hippy/butty, so there are certain types that did not fit, but if i could get them over my butt, they gaped horribly in the waist. I figured at 145 I would have been in a 6 of them, and would be able to do any 8, and some 6s.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    I'm 5'7 (barely) and weight 179. I can comfortably wear a size 8. At my thinnest, around 150, I could fit into a size 4. Everyone carries their weight differently so it's so hard to compare sizes!
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    At 145, 5'9", I was wearing a US size 12. But I don't like tight jeans.
    I have no idea how all you size 4/6/8 people are doing it! At 173, I could only find one pair of size 12s that fit me, and I think they lied and labeled their 14 a 12 so we could feel better about ourselves.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    It depends on where you shop. Women clothing sizes are crazy and unreliable. I am 5'3" and weight 137 lbs. I can wear, on average, a size 8 in pants. I wear my weight around my middle.
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    I'm 5' 3''- at 145 I'd be around a size 10. I have wide hips and never had a small waist-
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    5'3" 145. Size US 4 in several different brands. My weight is in my thighs and I've been losing from my stomach lately.
  • k8andchr1smom
    k8andchr1smom Posts: 72 Member
    edited November 2017
    5'3, weigh 146 I wear an 8 usually but a 6 in some vanity jeans --Michael Kohrs for example
  • Ssg25
    Ssg25 Posts: 21 Member
    5'5 111 pounds. Size 2
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    How much do you weigh now? What size do you wear now? Subtract 1 size for every 10-15lb of weight loss.

And who checks the tags in pants to see what size they are labeled? I just go by "do these pants feel and look good on me?" And "do I feel awesome wearing them?"
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I'm 5'4" and when I weighed 145 (back in high school), I'm pretty sure that I wore a size 8.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited November 2017
    How much do you weigh now? What size do you wear now? Subtract 1 size for every 10-15lb of weight loss.

And who checks the tags in pants to see what size they are labeled? I just go by "do these pants feel and look good on me?" And "do I feel awesome wearing them?"

Well, don't you have to start with SOME idea of a size to choose a couple off the rack to try on?

With this in mind how do you actually avoid seeing the sizes? Do you hold a few up and eyeball them, guess that they look like they're probably somewhere near your physical shape and size and then try them on all the while still avoiding seeing the sizes which often as not are listed on the outside tear-off as the inner label?

And in addition to all this labeling, many shops have color coded hangers for sizes, and nearly all will have those round things with the size number on them grouping the 8s, 10s, etc. You're managing not to see those either? The only "shop" I know of that throws cr*p together with no regard to sizing is the Goodwill, not that I have anything against that store but literally...it's the only one. Even thrift and consignment shops stack or rack items by size.

It takes a lot of work to actually not see what size you're trying on. I can not imagine how a person could literally just not know. I suppose if you were to go into the shop, close your eyes as you enter so you don't see roughly how the pants are laid out in increasing increments on the racks or in bins if you're at Wally World, feel your way carefully forward to where they're located and put your hands all over them one after another until you find one that feels like your hips, stumble back to the dressing room to pull them up while tilting your head back to stare at the ceiling so you can't see the double-labels plus the size and possibly a color-coding of the hanger, scream "NO! Don't tell me what these are! I have an unbroken 39-year record of having literally no clue what size I wear" when the salesperson ducks her head into the dressing room if you need to try a different size, hey, what size do you have there right now, decide they seem "awesome," take them to the checkout with your eyes closed again, take them home and rip off the label and cut out the inner label by feel (careful with those scissors!)...then sure. It's doable.

But I'll be honest. That seems like a lot of work to me. So...I, well...check the label instead.

Saves me hours of time, stares from fellow customers, falling and breaking my neck in a store, and cutting myself with scissors.

I recommend my method (checking the label). Give it a try. You'll thank me later.

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited November 2017
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

What I meant was "who, other than myself, looks at the tags in the back of my pants?" I meant it really doesn't matter to me if my favorite pants/slacks/jeans are labeled size 0, 10 or 28. As long as I think they look good and I feel good, confident and attractive in them.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited November 2017
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

What I meant was "who, other than myself, looks at the tags in the back of my pants?" I meant it really doesn't matter to me if my favorite pants/slacks/jeans are labeled size 0, 10 or 28. As long as I think they look good and I feel good, confident and attractive in them.

Oh, I see!

Okay, but still...the OP was curious about sizing...I didn't see this as a "nobody's going to know" sort of thing although this point is true, in general. No, nobody's going to "know" what size I wear but the OP was curious about what she might expect once she gets closer to her goal weight, which is kind of a different matter. She's just wondering whether she's guessing all this correctly.

That's how I understood it, anyway.
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    I am not yet at 145 but I am 5'3 and 148lbs wearing a size 8. I am guessing i will be a size 8 when i hit 145 LOL.
  • ashley52601
    ashley52601 Posts: 42 Member
    I am 5'7" and weigh 145 wear size 8 and some size 6.

Same, except I'm 5'8. Mostly 8's, some 6's.
  • mommiesmyname
    mommiesmyname Posts: 4 Member
    I am 5'5". Back in the day when I was really fit, at 145 lbs I wore a size 6. Between 135-140 I wore a size 4 and even some size 2s. I couldn't ever get below 135. So, my weight wasn't super low, but I was pretty small. Right now, at about 180, I wear a 12.

This could have been written by me..I used to wear a size 5/6 at 148# and I am also 5'5"..I was a size 0 at 125#..Now I am a size 12 at 177#..I wish I could see your body type it must be the same as mine..
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Depends on the brand. At Banana Republic, I'm a 6. At White House Black Market, I'm a 2-4 in jeans, or a 6 in their Suiting line but an 8 in shirts and dresses. I'm 5'6" and 140 pounds. My body shape is an inverted triangle. All my weight is in my shoulders and bust, and I have pancake butt lol.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Alot depends on maker. Things made in asia are absurd sizing. The higher end makers size totally different and more to my liking. Appeals to my ego.....hmmm....
    Psychology most likely.
  • brittlb07
    brittlb07 Posts: 313 Member
    edited February 2019
    Are you asking what size we SHOULD wear or what size we do wear haha. I’m 5’4 and used to be a solid 120-130 and wore a 4. Recently I gained weight over the holidays (thus starting this journey) and got up to 146. I needed a 6 at that point but it was snug. I’m back to 136 as of today (trying to get back to 120) and I can fit into my 4’s again but it’s a bit snug.