You good at using chopsticks?

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I'm awful with chopsticks, but I like to try for fun! I also have no shame asking for a fork so I don't end up wearing my food.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I'm awful with chopsticks, but I like to try for fun! I also have no shame asking for a fork so I don't end up wearing my food.

You're Canadian, I'm sure that the maple syrup falls right through the chopsticks, huh?
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

You're Canadian, I'm sure that the maple syrup falls right through the chopsticks, huh?

Eating poutine with chopsticks would actually work pretty well, though.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited November 2017
    Motorsheen wrote: »

You're Canadian, I'm sure that the maple syrup falls right through the chopsticks, huh eh?

FIFY.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Good enough to get through a meal.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I would hope so since I lived in Japan for three years. New how to use them proficiently before that point, though. Currently trying to teach our son how to use them.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I would hope so since I lived in Japan for three years. New how to use them proficiently before that point, though. Currently trying to teach our son how to use them.

I practiced with 2 pencils when I was bored in elementary school which is when I learned.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    cee134 wrote: »

I practiced with 2 pencils when I was bored in elementary school which is when I learned.

Excellent way to learn. I had a few pairs when I was a teenager which is how I learned. While now I think it's pretty normal for young kids and teens (and most adults) here in the states to know how to use them, it was seen as weird and "unique" back when I was 14-18.

Kinda glad it's become more mainstream. The problem with teaching our son is that he's only six and regular sized chopsticks are unwieldy for him. He does much better with the "short" sticks made for young kids (brought a bunch of those back from Japan).
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Not really good. I could probably get enough food to my mouth with chopsticks not to die if I had to.
  • SneakyVee
    SneakyVee Posts: 640 Member
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Not really good. I could probably get enough food to my mouth with chopsticks not to die if I had to.

Stab it like a hunter gatherer
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    I'm excellent with chopsticks, despite being left-handed and having to figure it out completely on my own because directions are always illustrated for right handed normies.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I don't understand how people eat rice with chopsticks, that looks extremely challenging
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I don't understand how people eat rice with chopsticks, that looks extremely challenging

You use it more like a shovel, also the rice usually clumps together some.

ni1tky0wo4do.jpg
  • Jonesuna64
    Jonesuna64 Posts: 233 Member
    Yes Wood & Metal. I spent 5 tours (8 years total) in Korea while I was in the military
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    heck no I couldn't use them if my life depended on it. I guess I would lose weight if I had to use them
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    I actually prefer chopsticks to eat with. I learned early and there is something about eating with them I love.
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Yes and not sure why. I don't use them too often
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Yes. Funny story, hubby and I were out for Chinese food one night, and I like to eat Chinese food w/ chopsticks. When I asked the girl for some chopsticks, she was surprised. Later on she came over and was amazed the short Italian girl knew how to eat with them- yes, even rice! I think she got a kick out of it b/c she didn't expect it.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    I can stab and use two hands and shakily bring it to my mouth to drop it on the table. Soo.. no?