Struggling to start again....

ehme79
ehme79 Posts: 23 Member
I have done low carb eating, imtermittent fastimg and OMAD.....OMAD is by far my favourite!! About a month and a half ago I became unemployed and totally slipped off of this woe.....I have started to gain and trying desperately to get back on track before starting my new career next week. It was so easy for me before, I even converted my family and everyone has been so successful. I am struggling to make it to noon time let alone dinner time without eating. I drink tea and water like crazy, but food keeps yelling at me!
Anyways I thought I'd try reaching out to the OMAD community to get some help!!!

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Welcome! Hopefully it will be easier for you once you go back to work and have less free time... I always get more hungry when I’m bored.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited November 2017
    Are you eating adequate protein and are you taking a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement? I think those help a lot. 1/2-tsp of coconut oil will last about 1-hr for me if I get hungry.
  • ehme79
    Thank you @minigrrll I'm very much looking forward going back to work.
    @blambo61 won't coconut oil break the fast? I've been trying to stick to tea and water throughout my fasting period.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    ehme79 wrote: »
    @blambo61 won't coconut oil break the fast? I've been trying to stick to tea and water throughout my fasting period.
    Depends on which school of thought you belong to and how your body reacts...

I personally have nothing but water and black coffee/tea in my fast, but many people have success without being so strict... Definitely a case where everybody is different.

I found when I cut out sugar free gum and diet drinks in my fast it made fasting exponentially easier. I stopped “white knuckling” it to my eating window - I don’t get hungry at all when I’m fasting now, where I used to get ravenous. But lots of people can do the artificial sweeteners, cream in coffee, coconut oil etc. and not have any issue with getting hungry in the fast.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    ehme79 wrote: »

1/2 tsp is about 80-cals so technically it is breaking the fast but it is better than eating 3-candy bars and two bags of potato chips which is what I might do instead! It won't spike your insulin either.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Food yells at me all the time too...I chew gum and I now drink a hot chocolate that has only 25 calories and 4 carbs and I add 1/2 TBSP. of instant coffee and that really helps me make it to my meal :)
  • ehme79
    Thank you all....this has helped....given me a little more drive to push through. I really appreciate your comments!!