Hello, anyone on Keto?

I have been on the Keto diet for 10 days and loving it. I've personally seen excellent results. This will now be my life style of eating because I enjoy it. If anyone else out there wants to be friends feel free to add me. Would love to exchange Keto food ideas and what not.

Replies

• joshbuckley568
    joshbuckley568 Posts: 2 Member
    Doing keto right now
  • crissya7979
    crissya7979 Posts: 7 Member
    I am!! It's been 20 Days now.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Check out the Low Carber Daily Forum!
  • _Sal__Paradise
    _Sal__Paradise Posts: 1 Member
    I started keto on Oct 16. Feel free to add me!
  • SarcasticBlondie
    SarcasticBlondie Posts: 836 Member
    Keto here since January 1st of this year.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Been doing it on and off for a while but back on and take it seriously (abs are made in the winter)
  • IMPAQ
    IMPAQ Posts: 4 Member
    Been strict keto since September. Have lost 28 lbs. Stalled recently, but just started going to the gym in hopes of sparking up the weight loss again.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Keto here, going great.

• kikki1031
    kikki1031 Posts: 1 Member
    I've started KETO it's been 30 days now and I love it! I'm sticking with it, it's a way of life now. I just now have adjusted to all the new recipes. :)
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    I've been following a keto diet since January and am down 112 lbs so far, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • alannabanana75
    alannabanana75 Posts: 19 Member
    Been keto since May. Down 53 lbs & feeling amazing
  • billherzog
    billherzog Posts: 1 Member
    Been doing keto for a month or so but don’t think I have ever gotten into ketosis. Tips would be welcomed...I have lost weight but plateaued right now.
  • klenz525
    klenz525 Posts: 39 Member
    Keto for lifer here! Feel free to add me :)
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    billherzog wrote: »
    Been doing keto for a month or so but don’t think I have ever gotten into ketosis. Tips would be welcomed...I have lost weight but plateaued right now.

It's hard to say @billherzog. Have you been eating 20 or under grams of carbs every day? If you have, then you probably are in ketosis. How long have been stalled? I pretty much gain and lose an ounce or 8 here and there. But my weight has been steadily going down. Usually I gain when I've gone over too many carbs. I've found that I can eat up to 40 carbs and be ok. But over that amount, I gain in water weight. It comes down eventually.

Make sure you are logging faithfully. Don't eyeball the amount of food. Don't plate something and think that looks about a cup. Make sure. If you have one, use a food scale. If you don't have one, get one. They are relatively cheap. I bought mine at Walmart for under $15. Doesn't have to be fancy, just make sure it can weigh in grams.

And be patient. Even though it seems nothing is happening, our bodies are doing a lot of work internally. As long as you stay consistent, your weight will start dropping again. Remember, this is a journey, not a short trip. Like any long trip, we need to take a rest. Sometimes our bodies do the same.
  • keto_strong
    keto_strong Posts: 32 Member
    Switched from paleo to keto 2 months ago and loving it! No hunger or cravings and energy for days. For those just starting out patience is key, it takes time to become adapted, anywhere from a month or two or even more. Feeling tired, achy, cranky or slow to lose weight is normal (although there are things you can do to help with this). @billherzog congrats on making the commitment! If you haven't done it yet altering MFP to be keto friendly helps. Here's a link if you need it.

http://www.ketomacros.com/low-carb-mfp-setup/
  • tdonaldson3
    tdonaldson3 Posts: 1 Member
    Yep, started 10/9/17 at 220lbs. Down to 198lbs. Feeling great.
  • BaddS4
    BaddS4 Posts: 302 Member
    I dropped 90 pounds doing Keto!! Great plan!!