“Red light foods”

Replies

• sorchaedwards1991
    sorchaedwards1991 Posts: 19 Member
    Wine. I always promise myself I will only have one glass....but that nearly always ends up being at least a bottle. Then my willpower vanishes and I get a kebab on the way home. I wish I could be that person who can have just "one drink"
  • marysabetournay
    marysabetournay Posts: 69 Member
    milk chocolate is my biggest weakness...NEVER have it in the house...i can limit the dark chocolate (72%) intake so i go with that instead..I have 1-2 small pieces after supper!
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    edited November 2017
    Peanut butter. Jif creamy owns my soul.

Right now I'm in full batten-down-the-hatches mode over Bahlsen's Contessa Sugar-Glaze Lebkuchen. It's only in the markets around Christmastime and even then in only a very few stores, but by golly I will drive miles for those things. There are just seven in a package and thank God for that. Having said all that, I do have a package in the house now. My husband knows where they are (I don't) and I can have one for dessert every day for a week. They are SO worth the calories.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    The mother of one of the car pool kids gave me a loaf of pumpkin bread this morning. Pumpkin bread and banana bread are not foods I binged on, but I would usually have a couple of large slices a day. I am rationalizing that since I don't know how to track it then I won't have any; hopefully my will power will prevail. I am almost certain it will; if it doesn't, I will only have one small weighed slice and find an entry to use. It can't be today because I already have a milestone reward for today and I am not going to celebrate a milestone by going over.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    jayemes wrote: »
    I was doing well losing weight until I bought my once-a-year bag of Candy Corns. One handful and suddenly I was eating all the things I could find.Total tailspin. Who knew it was such a trigger food for me? When I was younger I used to eat tons of sugar but these days not so much. Everything else I can moderate (except maybe Oreos) but freaking Candy Corns......

My mother in law brought me a bag after Halloween since she knows I like them and after she left I threw those orange monsters right in the garbage. No more.

Sometimes it's the craziest things that set us off. I remember last spring I was doing really well not eating candy so after Easter I picked up a bag of Starburst jelly beans on clearance. I figured I hadn't really even craved candy for months and this would be good because it wasn't chocolate.

I ate the entire bag in 2 days. I was shocked. They weren't even the fancy high-end jelly beans. WTF!
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Mine is anything crunchy that comes in a multi-serving bag. If I don't weigh out a single serving and hide the rest of the bag, I'll eat way too much. This can be potato chips, crackers, granola or pretty much any other crunchy food. I enjoy chewing crunchy foods in front of the tv at night, and don't do well at making myself stop.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Oreos....when I buy them, I just plan to eat the entire pack with a half gallon of milk and call it a day.
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Pizza or Soda. These are my addiction and things i can't just have a bit of. I had to eliminated them complete at the beginning of my lifestyle change. I can now have pizza in moderation but soda on the other hand til this day becomes a addiction so I avoid it completely.
  • KailaLaFlor
    KailaLaFlor Posts: 20 Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm not big on snacks or sugar, my problem is leftovers. Like if I'm out and I buy some Chinese or a sub or whatever, I have no problem eating just half, but if I take the leftovers with me, I can't resist eating them as soon as I get home. Even my kid's and husband's leftovers are irresistible to me in the fridge.
  • thegeans
    thegeans Posts: 42 Member
    I'm not big on snacks or sugar, my problem is leftovers. Like if I'm out and I buy some Chinese or a sub or whatever, I have no problem eating just half, but if I take the leftovers with me, I can't resist eating them as soon as I get home. Even my kid's and husband's leftovers are irresistible to me in the fridge.

Yes! There's something about food you didn't cook yourself....sometimes I can't even make it the car ride home from the restaurant without cracking open the box.
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member

This! I'll be stuffed at the restaurant and think hey, I'll have lunch for tomorrow now but as soon as I get home it's like I never had dinner and I eat my leftovers as soon as I walk through the door :neutral:
  • laurelinoracle
    laurelinoracle Posts: 2 Member
    Nachos and salsa con queso, and Haagen Daz White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle ice cream are my weaknesses. If I have them in the house, I will, without question and very little remorse, eat them in their entirety. I've managed to go six months without nachos, but I have slipped up with ice cream recently and didn't regret it until my stomach kicked me for my poor choices. :anguished: I've found that it's all a balancing act with eating them in moderation, and that I really need to work on my self-control if I'm going to be any good at that balancing act.
  • sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    Pizza and soda. I allow myself some soda and can moderate it pretty well and fit it into my calories but pizza? No. I have zero self control. I will eat the whole thing even though it makes me feel terrible. It used to be my go to binge food and so I am very weak to it even now
  • ttreit
    ttreit Posts: 59 Member
    edited November 2017
    NU-FREAKING-TELLA - I love hazelnuts way too much and chocolate and hazelnuts is some sort of witchcraft.

EDIT: I once ate an entire jar with a spoon in one sitting.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Swedish Fish and Reese's peanut butter cups should have a surgeon general's warning on them. :+1:
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Swedish Fish and Reese's peanut butter cups should have a surgeon general's warning on them. :+1:

I agree hardcore on the reese's. My grandma, such a sweet woman, gets me 2 HUGE bags every halloween of the pumpkins. When I was 8 I would eat them with no abhor, but at 20 it's not so great to have around. I give them to my friends to share every single year so I don't hurt her feelings. That way they still get enjoyed and I feel happy making my friends happy!
  • 93pear93
    93pear93 Posts: 48 Member
    ice creams, they are so good! :D
    If you really can not resist something, dont worry eat it once a week, train hard, keep your kcal nothing bad is gonna happen
    8kMvRF0.jpg
    5kbHAVk.jpg
    NOuL8p5.png
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Grains and anything with processed sugar.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Breakfast cereal. It doesn't even have to be sugary delicious breakfast cereal. Growing up, we only got cereal on Saturday mornings, and it was a to-do. My dad grabbed a giant bowl, dumped a whole box in it, and grabbed 3 spoons. One for my sister, one for him, and one for me and we would sit and watch cartoons and eat out of a giant cereal bowl. Disgusting, I know. But in my head now you have to eat cereal in a trough. I can have it in the house for the kids, but I can't eat it myself. If I have one bowl, it's a BIG bowl, and 20 minutes later I'm after another BIG BOWL and an hour later I know I'm not hungry and I am blowing my calories for the day but I'm going for that 3rd bowl because if I haven't eaten the whole box, I haven't had enough cereal yet.