Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    @jam5660 Congratulations on the pregnancy! All the more reason to eat healthy instead of whatever whenever because a healthy mommy makes for a much more healthy baby. Stick around here, you are part of 'us'.

@newjax2017 Thanks. I hope making a chart for yourself will help. Visuals have always been a favorite method of self motivation for me ... more so when the are easy to see.

@BarneyRubbleMD ... LOL, you can't eat a lot of bread, and I can't eat a lot of fruit. Well actually, depends on what kind of bread I am eating ... pretzels? ... forget it, I'd eat the whole bag in one sitting. Light, fluffy breads such as soft sliced Italian, and buns, also forget it. But, i can be happy with 2 slices of a hearty rye bread such as Schwebel's or a sturdy pumpernickel ... and if the bread is several days old, all the better.... always toasted.

@FaithIt365 ... welcome aboard.

@Birdygirl15 ... enjoy your off time. My strive this week is to ... clean the kitchen fridge and wash the floor :)

@KATRENAJ ... Self discipline is a weak point for me as well ... especially when I get distracted by more fun things than the necessary.

@happygirlxxx ... I never realized until I sw your photo that Last Supper takes up a whole wall. Nice photo!

@b_lisieux ... 6 kinds of ice cream !!! hope one of them is strawberry, and one chocolate almond, and another butter pecan ... and oh, my ... now I have ice cream visions on my mind!

Enjoy Gobble-Gobble day everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving. Now I'm going to say something really pithy ... and hope you get a chuckle out of it ... I'm a little teapot, short and stout, tip me over and pour me out! ... no, not that. I am Thankful every day ... and look forward to a quiet day at home for this years celebration. IF the day is sunny I plan to take a drive because I love how this one day has barely any traffic on any of the roads because everyone is bustling about in their kitchens or lounging on their sofa's watching Football on TV. :)
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Well I dropped 6 lbs o rrnight after ob day of low carb. Just shows how water weight holds on when we overimbibe on carbs. I feel less decayed today. Yesterday was a slam dunk. I'm allowing myself more calories so I do t get hungry
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    @jam5660 wow congratulations on the the lil baby inside you!! That is absolutely wonderful!
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    KATRENAJ wrote: »
    Well I dropped 6 lbs o rrnight after ob day of low carb. Just shows how water weight holds on when we overimbibe on carbs. I feel less decayed today. Yesterday was a slam dunk. I'm allowing myself more calories so I do t get hungry

How low were your carbs? I really dont know that much, I just try to stay under 100.

• mpowers26
    mpowers26 Posts: 9 Member
    Goals to not get distracted today - eat good and feel better
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    @jam5660 Congratulations!!! That is exciting about your pregnancy!

I find logging on every day makes me feel more in control and when I actually log the food in my tracker and see where my calories go, it helps. I'm not sure this journey would be as easy without this group. It has been great for me to read everyone's stories, tips, motivations, successes, struggles, and everyone really seems to care about each other. I read this thread every day, sometimes more than once a day but sometimes I don't always have the time to write. Even reading is a big help for me, so for those struggling with maintaining daily totals, do log on, even if only to read. It will keep it all smack dab in the front of your mind and at minimum have you think about MFP that day in case you were going to not bother and eat anything and everything. You may still go over, but you'll know it and see it and can talk about it. It's like group therapy. LOL

Everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving, have a wonderful one and enjoy your day, in case I don't get back here until the weekend. Welcome to the new members. :)
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I joined this group a few days ago vowing to join the new "endeavor." I recently got myself refocused to come back to my health gain (weight loss) journey. I jumped off the trail for far too long and now I feel I am climbing back. I have logged into MFP for 2 weeks. I have mastered a couple of tiny baby steps (1. not eating office candy in the afternoon; 2. not drinking wine for 6 days [I know...painful but essential]; 3. paying attention to my food intake and 4). water water water.) My next baby step requires the working out element, which is why this endeavor is so important to me right now. I am really finding that this group has a whole lot of heart -- and I love that! I am here to help and support in any way that I can. You have already helped me.

Name: Cyndy aka @raindogmaa
    Weight: 219
    Initial Goal: 199
    Ultimate goal: 150

• birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    @jam5660 - that is truly wonderful news! Congratulations, and Ann so glad you'll be staying with us here.

@BarneyRubbleMD - I'm so happy to read that you're feeling back on track! Sounds like you're doing well and have a solid plan to get thru the holiday. I'm cheering you on from over here cuz I so can relate to your struggle. One day at a time, my friend.

To the newcomers, WELCOME!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited November 2017
    Holiday Exercise Goal

Name: Nikion901 (Niki)
    Goal: 30 minutes workouts 3 times a week

November 22 - 110 minutes, but in 2 sessions

PS
    Continuing with Weight reporting Wednesday ...
    11/22/17 = 227.4

Change from Fall Weight Challenge on 11/18 = 0.0

@cellosmiles ...
    Calories IN
    Monday = 1232
    Tuesday = 1467
  • Holiday Exercise Challenge

Name: Lydia

Goal: Minimum of 150 minutes of activity per week. My activity will include walking, gym, workout videos, and anything else I can do without injuring myself.

November 22: 180 minutes of exercise, pilates 4x, over 10,000 steps 6 of 7 days
    November 29:
    December 6:
    December 13:
    December 20:
    December 27:
    January 3:
    January 10:

So far, so good. I've been extremely busy with work. Holidays are extra busy for us and get extra hours during this time. But, I got up earlier to make sure I got my time in.

On holidays in the past, I've denied myself and tried to stick to a strict meal plan and all it did was make me irritated and mad at everyone. So, this year I will be enjoying myself with everyone else, just this time I will be mindful and focus on portion control. I will be eating dessert. :smiley:

I'll get a nice walk in tomorrow before and after eating. Weather is supposed to be wonderful.

@jam5660 CONGRATS on the wonderful news!!
  • cellosmiles
    Yesterday i stayed within my calorie goal!

And because it was raining hard, went to costco after work to "walk" the aisles.

Also did a bunch of calisthenic exercise at home.

Now onto day 2!
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Holiday Exercise Challenge

Name: TdunnEgan (Terry)

Goal: 30 minutes a day, 4 days a week

November 22 Gym 1x - Weight lifting (1 hour) (Halfway there!!)
    November 29
    December 6
    December 13
    December 20
    December 27
    January 3
    January 10

I modified my goal, since work is very busy and I need to get in a good walk or home exercises when I can't get there.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Hi y'all,
    Well it's been 6 weeks of insanity since I've logged on here. I've missed you all so much!

Here's an update:
    1) My husband of 38 3/4 years passed away on 10/16/2017. It was very sudden. At 5am we were bathing (him) and he had a siezure that stopped his heart. I tried to simultaneously give CPR and call 911. After 10-15 minutes (we live in the boonies) county sheriff's got there and took over my pitiful attempts to revive my hubs, then paramedics arrived. For the next 45 minutes they tried everything to revive him but he was gone.
    2) Since then I've been in a mad dash with funeral arrangements, paperwork, etc. trying to rebuild my life without him. There are lots of things around the house and property that need to be fixed, and must be, if I decide to sell. Lots of stuff to inventory and research prices before I can sell it. Also, Hurricane Harvey caused some damage to my roof and blew down a storage shed, so I had to get the claim for that redone (the adjuster didn't do his job) so we could fix that damage.
    3) I was hospitalized again for 4 days with CHF (congestive heart failure). Dr's can't seem to get my medications right, even tho I'm really trying to keep the sodium and fluid intake down to a minimum.
    4) I switched to day shift on the advise of my doctor, right now I'm working 9:30 am to 6 pm, but I've requested a compressed work schedule of 6am to 4:30pm with Wednesday's off. Hoping I get that, so I can schedule all my appointments on that day and not miss so much work.
    5) Have to have a right heart catheterization on Monday after the holiday to find out what is going on in there; depending on results may be hospitalized again. Dr is talking about implanting a heart pump (open heart surgery) at some point with possible future heart transplant. OH BOY!

Well for all of that, my weight is fluctuating between 176 and 184, mostly due to fluctuations in fluid levels. Doc things my "dry" weight is 176. That means I haven't really gained anything (or lost) in these 6 weeks - !!Yay!!...

Hopefully things will improve rather than continue to decline. I will try to be better at checking in and logging my meals. As for exercise, well, at this point it's all I can do to get around to all the stuff I have to do, I stay active but no formal exercise.

Tracy
    TX
  • tdunnegan
    @goinstd12 So much to deal with. My heart goes out to you. Please know that your are in my thoughts and prayers. And don't be a stranger!

@BarneyRubbleMD and @RunawayCurves - Your posts intrigued me. I don't know what it takes to be diagnosed a binge eater (maybe honesty?) I certainly have trigger foods and have been imbibing for the past month or more. No tracking on MFP. Just blind mindless eating things that are not good. I truly appreciate the candor in describing your experiences. It has opened doors for me.

@jam5660 Baby!! How joyful! Such a precious gift.

@KATRENAJ You lost 6 lbs. I'm doing the happy dance for you!

@mpowers26 Staying focused is so important. Its too easy to ignore the things we need to do. And I like the visual reminder someone spoke of earlier. I marked up the fitness class schedule earlier this week and circled what exercise I'd do each day. I included other commitments so I don't let a meeting or appointment be the reason I can't exercise.

• tdunnegan
    Holiday Exercise Schedule

Hows that?

Here's who I have for this activity

@newjax2017, @FaithIt365 , @lydiapassthedonuts, @verybusybee,
  • @GOINSTD12 Oh My!! I'm so very sorry to hear about your husband and everything else you are dealing with. Thoughts and prayers to you.
  • tdunnegan
    and @Nikion901 (hit return by accident before I finished the above post!)

And, I am making a note that a few people are going to post their weights on Wednesday -- as will I. My weight today is 219.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone.

• jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Holiday Exercise Challenge

Name: Jenn

Goal: Go to gym 2x a week

November 22 - Unfortunately I got a cold that had me down and out this week so didn't meet my goal! Last time I got to the gym was on the 15th.
    November 29
    December 6
    December 13
    December 20
    December 27
    January 3
    January 10
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    tdunnegan wrote: »
    @goinstd12 So much to deal with. My heart goes out to you. Please know that your are in my thoughts and prayers. And don't be a stranger!

@BarneyRubbleMD and @RunawayCurves - Your posts intrigued me. I don't know what it takes to be diagnosed a binge eater (maybe honesty?) I certainly have trigger foods and have been imbibing for the past month or more. No tracking on MFP. Just blind mindless eating things that are not good. I truly appreciate the candor in describing your experiences. It has opened doors for me.

@jam5660 Baby!! How joyful! Such a precious gift.

@KATRENAJ You lost 6 lbs. I'm doing the happy dance for you!

@mpowers26 Staying focused is so important. Its too easy to ignore the things we need to do. And I like the visual reminder someone spoke of earlier. I marked up the fitness class schedule earlier this week and circled what exercise I'd do each day. I included other commitments so I don't let a meeting or appointment be the reason I can't exercise.

@tdunnegan ,

There is quite an extensive diagnostic criteria for diagnosing BED (Binge Eating Disorder). I remember taking a few tests and being evaluated for eating disorders (all of them) when I was considering bariatric surgery to lose weight.

My BED was pretty bad last year & back in January of this year & by the end of August2017 I thought I was finally "cured" so I started to re-introduce certain prior binge-trigger foods back into my meal plan thinking I'd be OK, which recently backfired badly--live & learn! Now after going back to what worked really well for me during June through August when I was binge-free for those 3 months (which clinically cleared me of my BED), I haven't binged in 5 days & I'm getting "full" again when I finish my meals--so, it seems to be working. Hopefully, I can keep myself from binge eating over Thanksgiving weekend and just hold it to a bit of overeating instead and be back to my deficit diet after Thanksgiving.

There is a simplified version of one of those BED tests online called the BES (Binge Eating Scale) that has some of the same questions (but not all of them). I've provided the link below for anyone that wants to take it to see how they score.

Binge Eating Scale (BES) test:
    https://psychology-tools.com/binge-eating-scale/

• cellosmiles
    @BarneyRubbleMD that was an interesting questionnaire...said i was a "moderate" binge eater...
    And thanks for sharing your life with us. I find it hard to share. I am a bit of a closet eater. When my hubby lives with me, i have no food issues. But he isnt here right now...and sometimes it is hard to stop!