50lbs down, 30lbs to go!

I began my transformation in November 2010. My highest weight, the first pic, was a whopping 248lbs. ( I am in the black shirt). I was miserable and the only way I can describe the way I felt is that I was always "full." I began a medically supervised weight loss program and lost 60lbs. I went from a size 20 (pushing a 22) to a 14 ( almost in a 12) and from a 1x/2x in shirts to a Large and I am proud to say I own some Mediums! The clothes shopping really is what has inspired me :) I no longer shop in plus size and have actually began buying clothes from the juniors department! I stopped my program in March of this year and gained about 10lbs back. I have been maintaining that 10lb gain, but want to lose 30lbs to get to my goal weight! I signed up with MFP about 2 weeks ago, but became serious a week ago. I have lost 3lbs by monitoring my food intake and plan to start incorporating exercise next week! I can do this!

Here are some pics so you can see my transformation! I couldn't paste them into the post, so you have to copy and put into a new link. Sorry!!

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/66907_1507437290089_1359028088_31423505_5417392_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/227810_10100727273135653_5235298_68637397_5418177_n.jpg

Replies

• authson
    authson Posts: 233
    can't see pictures but way to go!!!!
  • You look fantastic, congrats! Keep it up!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    I began my transformation in November 2010. My highest weight, the first pic, was a whopping 248lbs. ( I am in the black shirt). I was miserable and the only way I can describe the way I felt is that I was always "full." I began a medically supervised weight loss program and lost 60lbs. I went from a size 20 (pushing a 22) to a 14 ( almost in a 12) and from a 1x/2x in shirts to a Large and I am proud to say I own some Mediums! The clothes shopping really is what has inspired me :) I no longer shop in plus size and have actually began buying clothes from the juniors department! I stopped my program in March of this year and gained about 10lbs back. I have been maintaining that 10lb gain, but want to lose 30lbs to get to my goal weight! I signed up with MFP about 2 weeks ago, but became serious a week ago. I have lost 3lbs by monitoring my food intake and plan to start incorporating exercise next week! I can do this!

Here are some pics so you can see my transformation! I couldn't paste them into the post, so you have to copy and put into a new link. Sorry!!

66907_1507437290089_1359028088_31423505_5417392_n.jpg

227810_10100727273135653_5235298_68637397_5418177_n.jpg
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    That is a wonderful transformation. Congrats! keep up the great work and I'll look for the updates!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    BTW - you look great!
  • Amazing! You look great keep it up girlie!
  • alexiaans
    alexiaans Posts: 113 Member
    You look amazing! Congratulations and keep up the good work. You are an inspiration. Keep pushing!
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Great Job!!
  • YvetteHowarth
    YvetteHowarth Posts: 8 Member
    Well done u have done fantastic, keep going ! ;-)
  • mesafford
    mesafford Posts: 56 Member
    You are doing great!!!! I love you, sis! You look so amazing! Keep up the awesome work and keep sending me recipes!!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Wow, great transformation. You look great!
  • Alicia09NYC
    Alicia09NYC Posts: 34 Member
    congrats!!!!! dont give up...keep your eye on the prize!!
    if you dont mind me asking what program did you follow?
    I have lost 25 but its taking me forever...i guess i am still looking for that shorcut. (:
    I want to loose another 30 lbs ..lets keep each other motivated!!
  • WOW WOW WOW! You look amazing! Keep up the good work!!!!!
  • congrats!!!!! dont give up...keep your eye on the prize!!
    if you dont mind me asking what program did you follow?
    I have lost 25 but its taking me forever...i guess i am still looking for that shorcut. (:
    I want to loose another 30 lbs ..lets keep each other motivated!!

I did a medically supervisor low caloric program. I worked really hard on the program for my first 40lbs, but realized how unhealthy it was since I was not eating enough calories to have energy to take care of my kiddos and hubs. I still "participated" in the program for my last 20lbs, but revamped it to fit my needs and gave myself more calories. Most of the calories I ate came from lean meat and veggies. In my opinion, calorie counting is the best way to go. It's easy and once you do it for so long you learn short cuts.

Another thing I have learned is portion control. When you go out to "girls night," Order appetizers. Instead of eating a whole appetizer, take one appetizer off of each plate that was ordered. That way you get variety and you are not eating a bazillion calories in cheese stick!

Also, I am a big big HUGE fan of alcohol! I love BEER, but, its fattening! So, vodka and soda water with a spash of grenadine is the best drink to order while out. I believe the drink packs approximately 70 calores!
  • Wow! What a difference, you look great!!! Keep up the good work!
  • I can't get over the difference in those pics! You have done an amazing job losing all that weight, and you;re looking great!!! Keep up the hard work and you will reach your goal for sure!! Definitely an inspiration for me! :)
  • DK30096
    DK30096 Posts: 62 Member
    YOU LOOK GREAT!!!! Rock on!!!! Good luck on the rest of your journey!!!!
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    You look fabulous!! Way to go!!!! :smile:
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Looking great! Keep it up
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!