Bra ideas needed

So I've lost 18 of 65 pounds so far. My bras are now too big in both the cup and band. Decent bras are expensive and if I buy new ones now they will surely be too big again in 20 pounds.

I could go the thrift store route, but the thought of wearing a strangers undergarment is really gross. I could wear a sports bra but they look awful under clothes.

Help!

Replies

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Release the puppies

Awe. I really do sometimes when I have a tight undershirt. But I am large breasted and it's embarrassing to go braless unless I wear many layers.
  • megs_1985
    megs_1985 Posts: 199 Member
    Target. The Maidenform ones aren't expensive and are ok. They won't last as long as good ones but hopefully you don't need them to last long.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    sports brassssssss
  • lulalacroix
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    sports brassssssss

Yeah but that squishy boob look really isn't attractive on me.
  • lulalacroix
    I will check out the Maidenform bras. Any other brand suggestion would be appreciated.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    I hate bras and only wear them when I have to get dressed up formally, and not always then. I wear tank tops, some actually have cups. I do have some sports-bras but they are rather hard to put on. But then I'm from the era when women were burning their bras. Like the others say, buy some cheap bras and celebrate your weight loss.
  • descene
    descene Posts: 97 Member
    I'm in love with bralettes at the moment because they're usually half the price of normal bras, crazy comfy, and I don't out-shrink them as quickly, but depends how much support you need. My breasts are definitely not small (just small for the huge band size... sigh) and they work amazingly well for me, but my 40DD and ??F family members wouldn't even bother with them.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    sports brassssssss

fair. My boobs flopping out whenever i laid down or moved in any direction but straight standing wasnt a good look on me XD Try a sports bra over a normal bra if you want all the boobs and comfort ...seriously XD love sports bras
  • lulalacroix
    edited November 2017
    descene wrote: »
    I'm in love with bralettes at the moment because they're usually half the price of normal bras, crazy comfy, and I don't out-shrink them as quickly, but depends how much support you need. My breasts are definitely not small (just small for the huge band size... sigh) and they work amazingly well for me, but my 40DD and ??F family members wouldn't even bother with them.

Off to Google bralette...

Ok. Those look really comfy and it would feel great not to wear an underwire.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    sports brassssssss

There are some sports bras out there that don't give you a uniboob :)
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    zulilly, when they do bundles of bras.. like 6 at a time
  • cindytoronto
    cindytoronto Posts: 13 Member
    I would consider buying one bra that fits you well now and just wash it everyday. I can’t afford to buy multiple bras while losing either.
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member

omg they are so cute, I am sooo getting some
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Torrid and Lane Bryant actually have bralettes now for the bigger boobed. I just wait til they have sales, especially flash sales online that I get emails for, and order that way. Get them way cheaper.
  • kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    Torrid and Lane Bryant actually have bralettes now for the bigger boobed. I just wait til they have sales, especially flash sales online that I get emails for, and order that way. Get them way cheaper.

I just checked them out but I saw only plus sized products