Simple trick that took an embarrassingly long time for you to figure out...

I decided to create this thread in the hopes of finding out that I'm not the only one who can be extremely slow to figure out very simple things. So what are some really simple things about weight management, health, fitness, etc that took you waaaaaay to long too figure out.

For me it's been that I can't exercise my way to my goal weight. I have to monitor what I eat.

But the particularly embarrassing one is that I spent months scooping out foods like cream cheese, peanut butter, oil, butter, etc into a container so I could weight it on my food scale. Eventually someone on here pointed out that I can simply weigh the container before and after I get what I want and subtract the difference to get the total amount I ate. Duh! Now it seems so obvious.

Replies

• ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I'm worse. I tried weighing mayonnaise on my bathroom scale. After scraping it off onto my sandwich, my tuna on rye smelled like feet. I was so angry. :/

Ok, that made me laugh.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I'm worse. I tried weighing mayonnaise on my bathroom scale. After scraping it off onto my sandwich, my tuna on rye smelled like feet. I was so angry. :/

Lol!!! :D
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Using the tare button took me a while. When I made salads I would have to subtract the difference of the weight before and the weight after I added the next ingredient. It was never necessary.